having fun with other guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rusty15 View Post
    So this past weekend I went out a lot with my cousin and her friends, we were ALL drunk, dancing, grinding, flirting, talking and having fun! I told my other friend (who is a little stuck-up) that I was grinding and talking with other guys (NO kissing or anything like that) and she got really offended and told me to break up with my boyfriend (lol), I don't consider that cheating at all, apparently she does.

Of course, if I found out my boyfriend was grinding with other girls I would be mad but I wouldn't consider it cheating.

What do you think?
    Whelp, I am going to through my two cents in

Honestly, if I found out my SO was "grinding" up another girl I would be pissed. I mean you can't have it both ways in which you can enjoy the grinding with other guys but if your SO did it then you would get mad...

Anyway to answer your question no it isn't cheating but as other posters have stated it is disrespectful.

Comment

I don't think what you did was cheating but it definitely crossed a line and the fact that you'd be upset if your SO had done it shows that you know what you've done was wrong. I think you need to work out why you did it and go from there.
      As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I think that's one of those ground rules you should have in place with your SO so you know the boundaries. Personally, I don't think it's right to do that when you are with someone else. I wouldn't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugger View Post
          My rule of thumb for cheating: If you wouldn't do it with your SO standing next to you., It's probably cheating.
          agree, agree!

o/
          our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Honestly, and don't be upset if I get a little worked up about this.
            I find grinding and in general dancing of almost all sorts to be something I either do when I'm single or if I'm in a relationship only with the one I'm with. I may be a bit old-school on that but the phrase "You're the girl I want to dance all my dances with" kind of fits into that part. My former girlfriend never listened to that, or for that never understood how I felt about the matter. This could be part because she didn't listen. Either way, dancing is something I consider intimate and something to only be done within the relationship. Could be culture clash but I don't see if you have the need to dance with other people, friends of the same sex excluded, to enter a relationship at all. If you feel the desire, freedom etc. to grind and dance with whomever you wish, then all you have to do is breakup with whomever you're with.

My former girlfriend grinded with other guys once and promised to go to a dance with another guy despite me asking her first, and she giving me no. That was enough for me to breakup with her. Harsh? Maybe, put if she had cared to listen and get to know me she'd know how sensitive I am about this matter. That doesn't mean though that I'm against her hanging out with other guys. A person should be able to do that, I just personally find a big leap between "hanging out, talking, having fun, having a good time together as friends" and dancing.

My list:
            Talking to other guys - OK
            Hanging out with other guys - OK
            Being alone with other guys - OK
            Flirting with other guys - Not OK
            Dancing with other guys - Not OK
            Grinding with other guys - Not OK

Dictator Marcus, over and out

Originally posted by Rugger View Post
            My rule of thumb for cheating: If you wouldn't do it with your SO standing next to you., It's probably cheating.
            Excellent rule

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
              When my SO and his friends all go out together there's always drinking and dancing. Dancing is very much part of the culture here and I encourage my SO to dance with other girls because they're better than me. But if I saw my SO grinding on some girl in a miniskirt, that'd be a whole other ballgame. That is not okay. As far as flirting is concerned, my SO also tries to pick up girls for his friends all the time. But he doesn't flirt with them, he just talks. And I believe that flirting on purpose is not okay as well.

But while we were LD we were in an open relationship. So physical stuff was alright. I think you two need to set some boundaries and decide what's okay and what's too far.
              ^This. My situation is exactly the same as hers lol. I think itīs VERY important to know what your boundaries are with your SO, because to some people, that might be considered to cheating, but to others, it could be totally okay.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
              -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
              \

Comment

I think that it would be very disrespectuful...I wouldn't consider it full out cheating, but headed there. Then again every couple operates differently. I have come to understand this though - that just because something is ok...doesnt' mean we should do it - out of respect.

Comment

Working...
                X