Misconceptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
    The one that bothers me the most is that we're in a LDR because we're desperate and can't get a date in real life. For starters, my boyfriend and I didn't even meet on a dating site (not that there IS anything wrong with relationships that do start on such sites) and weren't looking to start a relationship when we first met. It just sort of happened. I mostly get this reasoning since both my best friends are single at the moment and I think they're starting to feel the pressure of wanting a partner but are having difficulty in finding anyone around them. Whenever I suggest looking online there's always some quick excuse of, 'Oh, I'm not THAT desperate yet', and it makes me feel really crappy.
    not all people are lucky to have "the one" in the same city, state or country as you, so even though my SO and i werent looking for a relationship when we met either, if i was single and felt like i wanted a relationship and didnt find anyone where i lived, i would look online, but some people would rather settle for someone that isnt that good for them instead of going through the hassle of a LDR. to each their own, i guess.

but dont listen to those friends, you have your so and he has you, it doesnt matter how you met.

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
    The one that bothers me the most is that we're in a LDR because we're desperate and can't get a date in real life. For starters, my boyfriend and I didn't even meet on a dating site (not that there IS anything wrong with relationships that do start on such sites) and weren't looking to start a relationship when we first met. It just sort of happened. I mostly get this reasoning since both my best friends are single at the moment and I think they're starting to feel the pressure of wanting a partner but are having difficulty in finding anyone around them. Whenever I suggest looking online there's always some quick excuse of, 'Oh, I'm not THAT desperate yet', and it makes me feel really crappy.
    not all people are lucky to have "the one" in the same city, state or country as you, so even though my SO and i werent looking for a relationship when we met either, if i was single and felt like i wanted a relationship and didnt find anyone where i lived, i would look online, but some people would rather settle for someone that isnt that good for them instead of going through the hassle of a LDR. to each their own, i guess.

but dont listen to those friends, you have your so and he has you, it doesnt matter how you met.
    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by beckychan View Post
      Hey OP, my brother graduated from Morris! I almost went there, but ultimately I ended up at St. Cloud...

Anyway, one that I've never got myself, but I know about is that some people assume there has to be something wrong with you, which is why you can't get a real life boyfriend/girlfriend and have to turn to a virtual one. I suppose this is strictly speaking for those of us who met our SO's online.
      Crazy small world! UMM is great, but a bit too small.

Comment

Working...
      X