Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple anniversaries in one package?

Hi everyone!

Soon I"m sending out my first package to my SO, but thinking of how we're not sure yet when we can be together (Meaning it is not certain to be together on Christmas)- I had been thinking if it would be a silly idea or not to already include some kind of Christmas gift in the package?Or also our anniversary soon at the end of November.(Of course I'd make it so he cannot open it yet or so like a letter or a little gift)
    Seeing that it sometimes is so 'expensive' already just to send out one even if it's nothing big.
    It'd just make it easier it seems to send everything in one package.I've just been wondering if anyone else has done that before?(including multiple anniverseries or festivities in one.)

I don't see anything wrong with it, especially when shipping can be so expensive. December is a busy month for us because we've got our BFFaversary, his birthday, and Christmas. There's no way I'm sending three separate packages! I'd rather save my money for plane tickets

Comment

Yes, I'll be sending his birthday gifts and Christmas gifts in one, wrapped in different types of paper to signify which is which. :P
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
        sending his birthday gifts and Christmas gifts in one, wrapped in different types of paper to signify which is which. :P
        That is a good idea. Just using one box and wrapping them differently so they know what to open when and what it is for. I mean, I am the type of person who would like to send it at each different time but again, as may of you mentioned, postage and shipping is killer.

So i dont see why not send it in one shot! Im sure he will love it either way.
        Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

I short of doing it last month. It was his birthday and our anniversary at the same month.

It took at least 12 days to send a letter/package to Germany. And for package maybe longer because had to be checked by customs. And for you.. its near to December and lots of people sending things too..cards and present so i think it does make sense to send both at the same time.

So what i did is i sent it on one big brown envelope, inside i put two present with different wrapper and i put different cards for each of it. On his b-day present which is a handmade tie i made a letter and fold it into love/heart shape origami. For our anniversary i gave him a golden medals, and a card say how much i love him and wishing to be together at our next anniversary.

I already upload the picture of the presents!

Your SO wont mind it! no worry!

Comment

All in one! Your SO will love it! I can relate because our anniversary is three days after Christmas..

Comment

I think it's a good idea! I'd wrap them in different paper to make them distinguishable. But, definitely, I don't see a problem with it at all. Shipping packages isn't cheap. Heck, my SO is in the same state as me and it costs $16 per package...that doesn't even include me buying the stuff for the package. I think I spent almost $60 on his care package in September, and that was after purchasing plane tickets a few weeks earlier for about $170 to visit in October.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

that's a good plan!
                sending packages to my SO also costs a fortune, so i always send a lot of things together.

two years ago i packed him 28 little boxes each with a gift and squeezed them all in regular sized package. it was meant as a sort of per-christmas calendar, each box was numbered. it was very fun to do
                Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
                And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
                ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Working...
                X