No announcement yet.

More frequent or longer in duration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have to go with option one. For me it's like medicine: small quantities at regular intervals are far more effective in keeping me going than a large dose at all once!

Comment

Shorter but more frequent... we did this last year and it was great!!!

Comment

when my SO and I visit each other we have to make it worth the money for the plane ticket, so option #2 is better for us. although our last visit was two and a half months, which was incredibly lucky! I wish we could have more frequent but shorter visits, but I don't mind long waits if the amount of time at the end is worth it! also longer times together give us a more realistic view of our day to day lives in a relationship, which is really important.

Comment

My best friend her boyfriend works on an oil Platform.. And she sees him every six weeks.. And then ze has to go six weeks without. And sometimes I think she has it worse than me.. Because she is used to seeing him, and then she has to miss him again. So I don't know.. I think because I'm used to this, not seeing him, this is working for us..
          \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
          \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
          \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

I think #1, because even though I would honestly rather only have to deal with saying goodbye 2 times out of the year. Two days a month would be amazing, and the second option is less than I get to see him in our current situation (1.5 weeks 3 times a year). And my SO would love to see me more than just twice.

Comment

Option 1 for sure. I see my SO once a month for 3 or 4 days at the moment, and for me that's not even long enough.

But my boyfriend and I were together for over a year before we were Long Distance. I always wonder if it's different for couples who started their relationship before meeting each other, eg., those of you who met online?

I also agree that what keeps me going in my relationship is looking forward to the next visit though!!

Comment

hands down- more frequent visits that are shorter in duration. waiting 5-6 months is very difficult.

Comment

I have #1 right now. I feel very fortunate to be able to see him almost every weekend (we alternate to his place and mine). The distance has been very, very hard on me so sometimes going two or three weeks without being with him is terrible.

On the downside, however, I usually get a case of "The Mondays" because of this, meaning that I usually feel really lonely on the Monday I come home/he goes home because we spend the entire weekend together and then we're saying goodbyes again.
                  sigpic

Comment

I would definitely prefer more frequent visits as opposed to those longer in durantion. Unfortunately, we don't have either right now. We've had two visits since becoming LD- they were both exactly one week and had gaps of 5 months and 8 months between them. Given my job responsibilities, it is just not possible to have visits longer than one week. Still, I found that seeing my SO for just that one week after 8 months apart helped me immensly. That's why I am trying to focus on at least scheduling a visit every 5 months (at least) until we close the distance.

Comment

Definitely shorter, more frequent visits. I'm very fortunate to have that option this year; I get in around 8PM on Fridays and leave at 8AM on Sundays, but I try to do that twice a month. It's worth the 8 hours I have to spend driving and I wouldn't give it up for the world.

Comment

I know I've responded before, but I'd still rather have my trips be closer together in shorter duration. Even 3 days together is great.

Comment

Originally posted by littleblue View Post
                          Option 1 for sure. I see my SO once a month for 3 or 4 days at the moment, and for me that's not even long enough.

But my boyfriend and I were together for over a year before we were Long Distance. I always wonder if it's different for couples who started their relationship before meeting each other, eg., those of you who met online?

I also agree that what keeps me going in my relationship is looking forward to the next visit though!!
                          I met my SO online and for me it is option one for sure! We talked for a year before getting into our LDR.

After the first time we met I knew I wanted to see him more frequently in person rather than only a few times a year. There is nothing like being spending time with him in person, we can do more than just our usual gaming dates =p That and he is tangible for the time being. I also always look forward to the next visit which makes our time apart not seem as bad. Though sometimes I want to stop counting down the days because starting over at a high number sometimes makes it worse >_>

Comment

Oh my goodness....My BF and I have been having this conversation ourselves!!

I still say #1....I need that count down. I need to see him more!! I need to be reminded of his touch, his smell all those little things that fade so quickly. But he feels that #2 is just as good as #1. Money for plane tickets is a big issue for us....and right now we are 2 months since our last visit and it may be 1-2 more. Its been tough some days!

Comment

Working...
                            X