Ticking things on my to do list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ticking things on my to do list.

Yesterday I went to the court house, with two witnesses that weren't relatives, spent 140 reais to get a paper that says I am legaly single (plus two copies recognized by the court house. I will use one of them, gave one for my mother to keep mor me already, and keep the original safe in my folder, lol). I now need to get married in maximum 4 months. well, 120 days after the paper, so now in maximum 119 days. Or it won't be valid anymore. That's why I left it to make reasonably close to when I'm going back to Germany, so we won't be under preassure for the days passing by (I will get there the first weekend of december, and we will get married or end of december or end of january).

Today I went to get the other paper I need for the marriage, my birth certificate. But it could not be the one my mother made when she registered me as a baby, nooo, I had to pay 60 reais to get it done again as well, and is also valid for 120 days. Tomorrow I will go to the other court house to make 'official copies'of it as well as I did with the other one, too afraid of anything hapenning with those papers to risk!

Now, I need to find a german translator registered on the consulad that can translate offical documents, and translate those two documents. fiuu, so much to do, but at least part of it is done already. Of course this will cost be some more bucks, as the official translations are quite expensive, but what can one do?

Next week I will bring the money and papers I need to require my international drivers license, so I will be able to drive in Germany if needed be.

Also, this week I went to order our wedding bands, they are simple confort fit white gold wedding bands, but I tried SO MANY wedding bands on on the past months, and only considered one of them, and ended up pleasing Husband to be and getting the traditional style he wanted since the begin. well, I will have my engagement ring (That I'm yet to receive, but will get soon, as we are getting married end of january of 2012 at the latest in the court house, and he said not to worry because we wont wed without my engagement ring, but he still wants to make a surprise official proposal with the ring, lol), so i will have a ring I love on my finger, and it will fit with the wedding band anyway!

I also ordered our names engraved on each others rings, plus a heart on the side of the name.

Mine will have

Anton

and his will have

Uila

I will receive them in less than a week, so excited! Will also choose between two style of boxes that fit both rings when I get them, wood or velvet (they also had leather, but I asked to bring only the velvet and wood options, that I hadnt seen yet, as I didnt like much the exterior of the leather box), once Ive got them I post a picture in this thread or in the wedding bands thread if you guys are interested.

So, now I've got some of the papers I need, I feel like I can breath better, still have some things to do, but most part of the really important ones are done.

Just thought I might share this piece of good news!
    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

That's so great to hear! Best of luck, as I know the upcoming months are gonna be hectic I'm really excited for you, it's so nice to read when someone manages to close out an LDR with such success.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I enjoyed reading this

Comment

Thank you both girls, it means a lot! Things are already starting to get hetic, but I am trying to get them done as soon as possible, so I wont be my usual self and leave them all for the last minute, my SO even told me how proud he is of me doing all that. I felt happy when he said it, almost like a dog that learns a new trick and gets a treat, XD
        our story.

sigpic

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Alright, sounds great!! I'm sure this is a very exciting and very stressful process, but I'm glad things are getting done! Here in CR, I had to get a birth certificate printed out within 6 months of applying for my work visa. My mom still has the original, but that won't work. Has to be a new one. Whatever Bureaucracy, am I right??

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
            Alright, sounds great!! I'm sure this is a very exciting and very stressful process, but I'm glad things are getting done! Here in CR, I had to get a birth certificate printed out within 6 months of applying for my work visa. My mom still has the original, but that won't work. Has to be a new one. Whatever Bureaucracy, am I right??
            HAHAHA, exactly! my mother still has my original as well! but there I went to print a new one, my SO also said he needs his birth certificate for the wedding (only document he needs, it seems!! oh, the unfairness of that! haha) but i told him to double check if he can use his original birth certificate or has to get a new one, like I did.

also, we will have to pay something around 300 euros in taxes to get married, and he will need to sign a paper that says he will be financially responsible for me (even though he will help me, my mother will still be sending me money, but he as my fiancee will be easier to sign the paper anyway)

I am just a little afraid, I dont know why, of something hapening, It just looks too good to be true, and it makes me nervous! like it is the calm before the storm or something. *goes knock on wood and comes back*

But I hope and pray everything goes after plans.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
            HAHAHA, exactly! my mother still has my original as well! but there I went to print a new one, my SO also said he needs his birth certificate for the wedding (only document he needs, it seems!! oh, the unfairness of that! haha) but i told him to double check if he can use his original birth certificate or has to get a new one, like I did.

also, we will have to pay something around 300 euros in taxes to get married, and he will need to sign a paper that says he will be financially responsible for me (even though he will help me, my mother will still be sending me money, but he as my fiancee will be easier to sign the paper anyway)

I am just a little afraid, I dont know why, of something hapening, It just looks too good to be true, and it makes me nervous! like it is the calm before the storm or something. *goes knock on wood and comes back*

But I hope and pray everything goes after plans.
            our story.

sigpic

Comment

eeee exciting plans for you! I hope everything works out ok

I would love to see a picture

Comment

Made me smile for you reading this!!!!
                Well done on being so pro-active.... Keep it up, it's going to be incredibly worth it in the end!!!

xx

Comment

I enjoy reading this, it so excited to hear about wedding preparation.
                  I'm so happy for you!

Comment

I am SO excited for you!!!!! That's amazing. I love hearing happy stories like this one. It makes me really optimistic about closing my distance!!! I wish you two all the best and demand pictures!!!!
                    "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Thank you so much for the nice comments girls. I just found out one of the papers I did (the birth certificate) was done wrong, as it didnt state i was single in there. and apparently i need it to say it, even though I have a paper just to say im single! geez, now i will have to spend money again to re-do it. -.-

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Originally posted by Rugger View Post
                      I am SO excited for you!!!!! That's amazing. I love hearing happy stories like this one. It makes me really optimistic about closing my distance!!! I wish you two all the best and demand pictures!!!!
                      Thank you! As soon as I get the rings I will post a picture of them, It just makes things sound more... real I guess. I dont know, actually doing all that stuff, and the rings being almost ready. now I just need to be by his side, haha
                      XD
                      our story.

sigpic

Comment

My brother traveled to the USA today, he will spend 6 days in Miami, and our mother gave him money to buy stuff for him and for me! yayy

So I made him a list of things I want, including a good winter glove or mittens and vests for me and my SO from the north face. also some make up, and a good wallet for me to give my SO this christmas (his wallet is years old and is falling appart, haha, so he pretty much needs a new one and I cant stand to see him with that old wallet anymore!)

So even though its not me travelling, I am really happy he will enjoy himself there, and bring goodies for me and my SO.

ps: I also solved the thing with the second paper *is relieved*
                        our story.

sigpic

Comment

Aw this gave me butterflies so cute! and very exciting too I hope everything works out wonderfully for you and that you are more than happy together!

Comment

Working...
                          X