In Tune with the Seasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Tune with the Seasons

Today was the first snow fall of the season! Yay! I love snow! This topic came to my mind as I was walking in the snow this morning and talking to my SO. I am curious to know what others think.

My SO and I started dating in January of 2010 so, when we first started getting to know each other, we did a lot of activities outside. On our first date he took me ice skating at the place my Dad always took me when I was a kid and we took a walk out on the frozen lake. I loved it!

He and I were talking last night and I said to him "Hunny, I think we are a winter couple". We both love winter and grew up in one of the most snowy states in the U.S. :P

This may sound odd, but I feel like we have a lot more fun and connect better with each other in the winter. Activities like sitting by the fire place while there is a blizzard outside, snuggling under 2 or 3 blankets, ice-skating, sledding, snow shoeing/ hiking, skiing, etc are so much more appealing to us than things we do in the summer, spring, and fall like swimming, softball, or tennis.

Thoughts?

Do you and your SO associate yourselves with a season? (Doesn't have to be the time of year you started dating.)

My boyfriend and I are total seasonal opposites! He's Finnish and loves Winter, whereas I'm a Summer kinda girl Being with him has made me hate Winter slightly less though.
    He's always trying to snowboard down some hill, while I'm making my way to the pool or beach somewhere, but we seem to have fun equally in either season.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I am not really a fan of winter that much to be honest (winter in chicago is so freaking COLD! why does it have wind chill on top of the coldness?!)

But my SO and I do lots of activities regardless of the weather, if it is winter we are skiing,ice skating,hiking,running or if it is summer we are mountain biking,swimming, running,fishing

I think my SO doesn't mind that much in regards to the seasons because as stated above we find activities anyway to do..I just like summer more.

Comment

Me and my SO love the summer..... We don't like the cold!
        When we go on holiday together, it will always be somewhere hot hot hot!!

The summer is defo our season, plus, we both look so much more healthy with a tan!!!! (And it's funny/cute to see his ''white bits'' )

Comment

I think my SO and I are a summer couple, even though we met in winter. We both prefer warmer weather, though not so much the humidity. Haha.
          1 Corinthians 13:2 "If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, then I am nothing."

LFAD Book Reading Challenge Goal: 26 books before January 2013
          Progress: 3/26
          Current Read: Genghis: Bones of the Hills by Conn Iggulden
          Next Read: Kahn: Empire of Silver by Conn Iggulden

Comment

Hi I'm Debbie Downer *wah wah*

I'm living in a country without seasons. Well technically there are seasons, rainy and less rainy (dry). But I miss fall/winter with all my being. My SO has never seen snow so I really want to take him skiing one year. So what we can do now, we can do all year. In the dry season there is more (TONS) tourism which means higher prices, but better parties. That's really the only change. Oh, and it gets hotter.

I lived in the southern USA and my SO visited me in November, and then lived with me Feb-Aug. So he got to see the butt end of winter. He's such a tropical boy and never got used to the cold. But he also couldn't stand the summer heat. Guess he just loves perpetual spring, but hey, who wouldn't?

me...

Debbie Downer, out!

Comment

We're quite opposite. He loves the winter because he loves to dress up in warm winter clothes and he loves the snow etc. and whereas the snow is a great occasional holiday... Eh. :P I live in California. Though I can't say I'm fond of hothothot weather - the 80s are a bit warm for me - I do like the warmth and I especially like the sun. He lives in Ireland, where in their supposedly "best month," as stated by all the locals on the plane ride over, I saw 2-3 days of blue sky and sun and that was that.
              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
              Met online: February 2009
              Feelings confessed: December 2010
              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
              to be continued...

Comment

(winter in chicago is so freaking COLD! why does it have wind chill on top of the coldness?!)
                My SO and I both live in Wisconsin, so I know exactly how you feel.

Me and my SO love the summer..... We don't like the cold!
                When we go on holiday together, it will always be somewhere hot hot hot!!

The summer is defo our season, plus, we both look so much more healthy with a tan!!!! (And it's funny/cute to see his ''white bits'' )
                My SO thinks just the opposite. :P He's always telling me how he loves my white skin (very white in the winter...), but I cannot understand why since he is naturally tan because of his ethnicity. Don't guys usually like tan girls? lol

Comment

Working...
                X