I'm Just so Tired of being Angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Just so Tired of being Angry

It was inevitable that i write a thread seeking advice on my relationship situation. As I've mentioned in a few Threads Wes and I have been together almost a year. In August he tried to move here. The place I arranged for him to stay at was under renovation, so it wasn't perfect but he had a free place to stay til he got a job. His room wasn't included in the renovation either. It had a twin sized bed and his own half bathroom (in October i got a queen sized Futon n remedied that situation). I provided all the food and supplies for the house. Anyway, his living situation set the tone for his entire 3 month stay. He couldn't find work, was living off me and felt completely guilty inside for mooching off me.
    About two months in at the end of September I was set to take my annual vacation in Florida, and was on my last overnight of the weekend. He got me on Skype (which we continued to do when he was here when i worked overnights), and told me A) this wasn't working out we were too different and B) He was going home Monday (which was when i was set to leave for Florida.) Your going to ask me why he wasn't coming with me its because i go down every year to visit one of my gfs from high school, their family is crazy religious so he would have to stay in a hotel. So, of course i freaked out cried, yelled, etc. I got home in the morning and we talked, and I attempted to sleep. The night was very uncomfortable til we took a walk and we talked about all this bs he had sprung on me. He agreed he didn't want to break up and he didn't know why he said that to me. The rest of the night was sad but amazing. We both packed and had an extremely sad goodbye the next day. When i got to Florida i got the news that he had changed his mind and come bak. I was thrilled, but i made him promise not to pull that on me again.
    Another month went by after i got home. He still couldn't find work, but we appeared happy. I got home from my overnight on Friday morning, and he told me that his parents told him if he went home they would pay for him to go to school but he had to go home tomorrow. So he was going home Saturday morning. He had broken his promise and broken my heart again. I sobbed for at least two hours. We had spoken previously about him going home, i told him that was fine, BUT I had got us tix to see Conan O'brien in NYC on Halloween and our anniversary was coming up on 11/22. I just wanted him to stay til then. Yea no, Saturday morning. He told me that the airfare would be too expensive at the end of November. (this turned out to be untrue would have been $100 less and no layovers, but he didn't even research it). We did the same thing as before spent the last night together and had a heartbreaking goodbye at the airport. I spent the rest of the afternoon crying and cleaning up our life at the house.
    As you can imagine in the 12 hours it took him to get home i had alotta time to be angry and by the time i got home i hated him. We talked briefly and over the next week I calmed down a little. The week after he got his old job back, he had no free time and barely spoke to me. When we did talk it was a fight or he was too tired. Week three it got a little better, i wasn't crying i wasn't angry, i was on the path to forgiveness. Here is my problem. I've forgiven him, but i know that the scars of hurt, abandonment and brokenheartness are still there. He doesn't get that. I need so much reassurance right now that he loves me, misses me, is thinking about me....but he's not doing any of it. Before he came he would leave me notes saying he was thinking about me or how much he loved me, he won't even say he misses me without me saying it first. He says its bc hes so tired from work....and because he can't forgive himself for what he did. He's pushing me to my breaking point....if all i have is arguments and no positive reassurance how am i going to survive until he is capable of forgiving himself. I Feel like the Wes i knew in July vanished...and got replaced by this half version.
    Any advice you can offer on this would be most helpful. I am so sorry this is so long.
    "You want for myself
    You get me like no one else
    I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
    Even in the darkest part of me
    I am beautiful with you
    Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
    You're here with me
    Just show me this and I'll believe
    I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

First off all *hugs*

My advice would be to perhaps set a time and a day for the two of you to talk about all this and resolve it...communication can bring healing and more understanding between the both of you. Your SO needs to know that you need reasssurance from him and it sounds like your SO needs to accept what has happened and try to move forward and onto a new plan of the two of you being together.

If you do manage to set a time to talk I find that when I have something to say to my SO I write it out in a email or on paper just to get my thoughts clear about what I want to say to my SO.

Comment

I know it hurts, but he did the right thing for him. Any decent, relationship-worthy man would not be happy in this situation, the fact that he couldn't be happy mooching off of you and not working is actually a good thing, it shows he's responsible and has his priorities straight. There are things that love cannot conquer and for him, feeling worthless was one of them.

I'm really sorry this happened to you, but I think you're being a little selfish here and not taking his feelings into consideration. People, especially men, need to feel like they have a purpose and when you're in a place where you can't find a job and only have a free tiny room and a half-bath, without anyway to change that, it's very discouraging and depressing. Don't be so angry at him, he can't help it. Just being with you isn't enough. Let him take his parents up on their offer of school, this way maybe he can come back at some point and be job eligible.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I want him to go back to school, i'm all for it. I understand that he felt helpless in the situation, but despite us talking about him "potentially" leaving I didn't know about it until the day before. I was taught that when you are in a relationship you are in it together. Choices that effect the relationship are discussed and a choice is made to benefit both of us. He made the choice to leave on his own, not mentioning to me until it was right there. When you go to see your SO you know how much time you have together and when you have to say good-bye well in advance. He sprung this on me, when i had just gotten off an overnight shift with just about 24hrs notice. That was unfair and it felt like I did something to chase him off. All I ask from him now is the occasional text that lets me know that he's thinking of me. I do not understand how that is selfish. And for that first week or so i was extremely angry, i'm not so much anymore. I'm just frustrated that he's not making an effort to reassure me that even though he's gone home he still loves me.

Also he's 30 years old, and he's going to a community college in Oregon. His parents are only paying what financial aid won't cover and he can't pay for himself. I paid for college out of pocket and with financial aid so its difficult to understand why he needs his parents help at all. As for the room, once the house was done with renovation he had the entire house to himself, not just the tiny room with the half bath. That happened not too long after he got here.

Thank you for the advice though guys ^^
        "You want for myself
        You get me like no one else
        I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
        Even in the darkest part of me
        I am beautiful with you
        Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
        You're here with me
        Just show me this and I'll believe
        I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

I agree with the first poster. Just ask him to make some time to talk. Let him know that you think he made the best decision for himself and that you support it. But that with the distance and all of the back and forth you feel a bit insecure. Not with him but just in everything. Don't place blame, just show your vournability and that you need a little more assurance of his feelings and intentions.

Just talk it out. I think it will work out. But the way you are feeling is understandable with all of the back and forth.
          Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
          X