Saying "I Love You" too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leonsfangirl View Post
    We say our I love you's whenever we say goodbye, first thing in the morning most days and at random whenever we feel it. We're about 50/50 on who says it first. I'm a big believer in telling people how you feel when you feel it because you never know if you'll get the chance to tell them again.
    If it means alot to you then you should talk to him about it, it cant hurt.
    I totally agree. Chris and I tell each other whenever we leave and throughout the day. I used to think maybe I said it too much but you never know what could happen so if something did, I want the last thing he hears to be I love you

Comment

wow i thought i was the only one in this kind of problem...i guess im not. My bf is a bit of an introvert, and im so used to telling my friends I LOVE YOU and being affectionate that i seemed ok to tell him I LOVE YOU. And well he was the first one to tell me, and it was a habit, but i guess he thought we needed a break from it, and when we saw each other he was very affectionate and was a bit of a PDA person lol Now we taking a brake, but i do know that on Nov.28 I will tell him how much I love him. Its only natural right? lol But i guess its like a song i've heard that says, "love without words is the good kind of love."

Comment

I definitely say I love you first way more often than my SO does. It used to really bother me. But now, I'm content with it. He shows me he loves me; he reassures me when I get nervous. He just isn't as open about saying it. He does say he misses me a lot though and always answers my I love you with one.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
        Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
        Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
        Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
        Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

floridaellen That's definitely the way things are with us. I know he doesn't love me any less, he just doesn't like to express his love the same way.
          <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

hehe i am an expressive person and i will say i love you more than him.. but the thing is guys are much more a "doer" than the "talker" and thats how they "designed" hahahah.....

At first place just like you i feel down because i thought he don't love me as much as i do... but i am wrong... he just the type that not say much.. less expression thats just the way he is. I talk about it..and he change.. just a little bit but had to appreciate the effort he made i just say i can not read his mind and he need to communicate more to me hahaha....

Aww... i think PDA is cool and the fact that your SO not feel shy to show that you are his (by the PDA) is pretty cool hahaha... my SO don't like PDA he's too shy only light kiss while we're queue or holding hands

I think you just doing fine there

Comment

Haha uniquefem I do get shy sometimes because I don't expect him to try and french kiss me in the middle of stores, and I get worried because I don't want to get yelled at by someone. So I guess I could do my part and be less shy of that and then maybe he could initiate the "I love yous" more often!
              <3

Comment

Chris and I both say it I think first an equal amount of times. But both of us came from families where "i love you" was no a common phrase. So when we got to that point in our relationship it was something that we made sure to do. We will be in the middle of a conversation and he will just say "babe?" and I answer and then he just says "I love you." I think there are times he says it more but I really try and make sure he knows that i love him too.

I would be frustrated. But just ask him what the deal is.
                Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

My SO doesn't say it very much, and I sometimes feel like I say it too much. Recently, I actually decided not to tell him until he told me again and it went on for two weeks until I finally asked him "You know when the last time you told me you loved me was?" and he couldn't remember.
                  However, he is also very physically affectionate. When we're together, it doesn't bother me very much if he doesn't say it because I can tell. He expresses it in hugs or holding hands or the like, but most of the time we are apart and he has more trouble expressing himself verbally. It is hard to find a balance. When we are together, all of my worries fly out the window, but the distance makes it harder. We are still working on it. But that's what a relationship is, right?

Comment

Bethypoo He does say it a lot. As much as a normal person would. It's just that I say it so often, and I don't usually give him the chance to say it first, I guess? :/
                    <3

Comment

We both never say I love you, but we used another way of words and expressions to say that we love each other. Kinda weird but we love our way!

Comment

Originally posted by weetzie View Post
                        Bethypoo He does say it a lot. As much as a normal person would. It's just that I say it so often, and I don't usually give him the chance to say it first, I guess? :/
                        Then I think you need to give him that chance. I don't think it really matters who says it first. But i get wanting to be told with you having to say it first.
                        Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

some people say it more than others even though the love is really there. My SO and I havent said " i love you" to each other yet. i think it's mainly because we both feel as if we haven't reach that point yet. I wanna tell him I love him when i truly know and feel i love him.

Comment

Working...
                          X