Skype dates!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype dates!

I posted last week about my SO not wanted to talk on the phone much but we did talk about it and although he doesn't really like talking on the phone he now understands how important it is to me and our relationship. We skyped (FaceTime actually but it's the same thing to me) last night and we were trying to think f ways to have "Skype dates" since we can't actually go on real dates. We are going to try cooking dinner together while on skype, I know someone who sells tastefully simple so I planned on getting a soup mix and a biscuit mix ( you only have to add one of two ingredients to each mix) and mailing one to him and I would keep one and we would cook it "together" and eat together and just talk and carry on as if we were together. I have also heard of watching a movie together which we also plan on trying.. I was wondering what other people do or if you have any ideas for fun Skype dates!

I would always clean my room while talking to my SO, when he stayed with me he'd sit on my bed and talk while I cleaned so it was kinda like we were doing the same thing. Sometimes I'd cook, never together though our time zones don't match up that way. You could even read together, get the same book and take turns reading chapters out loud. Doesn't have to be a huge book even just one of those ones for young people with short chapters.

Comment

You could do anything! My SO and I love to cook/eat together. Especially simple things like toast hawaii and the 5 minute chocolate mug cake (I posted the recipe on this forum already if you're interested!). We also watch movies together. The last time we did that was for Halloween. You can also take a bath together (but make sure that the steam doesn't get anywhere near the laptop!). You can also give a tour of your apartment/house if you didn't do that already.

Comment

When you watch movies together do you do it on Skype or just on the phone or watch it at the same time and text or IM?

Comment

My SO and I like to play online games, so we will Skype chat while doing that which lends more to discussion about the games, but breaks up our conversation a little. Skype also has free, simple games. Recently, I was looking for a new bed set and wanted his input. I shared my Skype screen and we searched for it together. He is now looking for some new computer equipement, so he shared his screen with me while we chatted about the products. Although I wouldn't have called that a date per se...it's something else to do together.

We both download the movie (or DVD) and Skype chat while watching it. I used to watch movies with an LD friend and texted, but it wouldn't be the same as being able hear him laugh or make funny comments. We also never shared screens while watching a movie...too much lag time. Although, we have watched You Tube videos together while sharing screens as they are short.

***Just realized you indicate FaceTime; not sure if you can share screens on that or if it has games.***

Comment

Originally posted by sjaneec5 View Post
            When you watch movies together do you do it on Skype or just on the phone or watch it at the same time and text or IM?
            We watch the movies on Skype, so at the same time we're able to watch each other or even throw in random comments.

Comment

Thanks! Yeah there is nothing like that for FaceTime but I use my phone and he uses his iPod so we could still do all that on the computer while we facetime

Comment

Just another vote for cooking. I've probably said this a million times, but I love watching my man cook. =)

Comment

We also watch movies on skype and sometimes when I go to sleep, I leave the skype open so he can take care of me. if he sees that I am having a nightmare, he wakes me up.. one of the hardest thing in a LDR is that you can't sleep together, so that brings a little comfort

Comment

Just another vote for cooking. I've probably said this a million times, but I love watching my man cook. =)
                    Lol i love to too! recently got to see him REALLY cook, not like when he did at my parents, but cook and was such a treat. sadly didn't get to see it all had to leave but my SO can cook!
                    I love you Nathan <3
                    sigpic
                    5/25/09 <3

Comment

both of you go out to like starbucks, or somewhere and have a coffee together (although my SO and i dont do this my BFF and i do, we go once a month to SB and have a skype time)

Comment

Working...
                      X