Hey guys^^

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys^^

Yup, it's been a long time I know....I just haven't felt like coming on lately. Had a really rough time. Feeling depressed most days, but I'm used to it so much by now I hardly even notice it anymore. Been on and off ever since "it" happened =/

I've come back to ask you all something though. The past few weeks I've been doing what I can to distract myself and this namely has involved me, aside from working hard on my community nursing placement, playing old computer games that I'd pretty much forgotten about until a short while ago. The game I've been playing mostly is fairly similar to World of Warcraft in style, except it's free to play and is much smaller in contrast. The game is called Shaiya. Although addicting, it's provided me with an exit from reality so that I can leave behind my worries, my pain, all the things that have been bugging me. It's great fun and I've really been enjoying it. About two weeks ago, I started to play a new game of shaiya altogether and I've had a good time playing alongside the other players who I've met ingame and become friends with. It was also about this time that I met someone called Ryoko ingame, and we also became close friends. However, I felt something draw me to him and he felt sort of drawn to me, and we've often been caught playing alongside each other on the game and just generally having fun =) Whilst we've been killing stuff ingame and having fun, we've been talking and he also added me on Facebook too, which was nice because it meant we could talk to each other outside of game should we want to, and we have done and I enjoy our conversations. It turned out his name was also Chris (I'll call him Chris M so I don't get confused with my old SO) and that he is 24 years of age. He lives in Georgia. I enjoy his company and general down to earth attitude, and he loves to crack jokes and make me laugh. Which I like in turn. He'd call me "my Faithy ^.^" due to my ingame name being Faith, and he'd often put a heart next to my name whenever he saw me come online.

It was up until last night that I didn't feel confused and unsure of what to say and think. He told me, whilst we were playing ingame, that he was downloading Skype so that we could chat on there a little bit, and before I knew it, we were talking face to face via webcam and it was really, really nice =) I was quite stunned when I first saw him, I didn't really know what to say really and as a result, I was blushing left, right and center and stumbling for words =P But he was very calm and relaxed, and after about 3 hours of webcamming and chatting, before I went to bed, he asked me slightly embarressed if I wanted to be his girlfriend. Now, I was surprised. Quite surprised. I was shocked even. But I also didn't know quite how to react. I didn't know what to say, so I told him that I would consider it and let him know when I was ready. He said to take all the time I needed. Now, those of you who know my story will know how rough times have been for me lately. I told Chris M what had happened with my old SO very briefly, so he would understand. He told me he understood me and I've no reason to believe he didn't. I just don't wanna hurt him. I also don't wanna hurt my old SO: we're still friends, and old feelings are still there, I just don't know how strong anymore. We're so busy these days all we can really manage are the odd Skype call here and a few texts there, but that's it. I've been told to move on, and it's been over a month....but I don't want to let go of Chris as a friend just because old feelings make it a little awkward at times. It would be like saying goodbye to half of me and I don't wanna do that. I can't tell him about this cause it would just hurt him.

I haven't been able to speak to Chris M today and to be honest...I've missed him a lot. Probably more than I should do, I guess. I just don't know...

I'm pretty confused right now. Any words of wisdom would be much obliged....

Honestly, I would do some deep thinking first of all. The situation with you and your old SO didn't end just too long ago. For your own benefit and this other guys, just to make SURE it's not just a rebound type of situation so that you do not hurt this other guy or get too caught up in confusion. I am not saying not to go with it later on, just go with it when you are more certain. Do not make any haste decisions!
    candi ❤ austin
    ღ5.11.2011ღ
    ❤ First Meeting [Texas] 2.17.2012 - 2.23.2012 ❤
    ❤ Second Visit [Wisconsin] 4.23.2012 - 4.30.2012 ❤
    ❤ Got Engaged 5.11.2012 ❤
    ❤ Closed The Distance June 24th, 2012 ❤
    [/CENTER]

Comment

We can't plan when or how we met people unfortunately. We can't choose who we care about or why we care about them either. The point I'm trying to make is, even though you still may have some residual feelings for your ex, I don't see why you can't explore things with this guy. Exploring things doesn't necessarily mean being his girlfriend, I'm not necessarily one for labels especially so soon, but at the least, I would talk to him and see were things go.

If you aren't ready to be in a relationship right now, tell him that, but if you are and you would like to, I don't see why not. When I began my relationship with my SO I was only about a month out of a long term relationship. I still had some feelings for my ex, but I knew in my heart I would never go back to him and I cared deeply for my SO and wanted to be with him. Our relationship sort of helped to heal my heart even further.

I would caution you though to be sure that this is what you want; that you want to be in a relationship now or in the near future, that you want to be in another LDR, etc.

Comment

hey hun! Im so glad to see you back. Ive missed my buddy!!!

I think that you need to take a step back. I think that you were right to be thrown off and im happy that you didnt automatically say YES right when he asked. I know that no one can fully start over. But I think that in a way you should. Take things slow. You need to get to know each other again. I mean things just stopped so abruptly.

Being friends is where i think you guys need to start. Dont push him away but dont jump in. You never know. Just dont make any harsh decisions or say something you dont mean. But be 100% honest.
        Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

I agree with Mara.

I expressed feelings to my partner a couple months after my relationship with my ex ended, but only a little while after my ex and I finally cut contact completely. I wouldn't say I had residual feelings for my ex, primarily because I had always had strong feelings for my partner (that I let aside due to our circumstances yadda yadda yadda), but I still needed to be mindful of where I was at. Our situation worked out so that we ended up pretty exclusive to one another until we finally became "Facebook official," which gave me additional time to work over the situation with my ex, if even it was a situation where I cried for a day and that was that, I'd moved on. :P

That being said, I have also had rebound situations where I have jumped in to a relationship. That lasted for all of a day, officially, so I don't particularly count it, but I was convinced that I was crushing on this lad quite hard. Sure, it was around the time I'd had my heart shattered the first time round, but on the surface he seemed to have a lot of qualities I found attractive in a mate. However, the more time wore on, the more I started realising what I'd had was more or less fabricated. It was there because it was what I wanted to be there, because he was someone who made me laugh and who could help me keep my mind off the one who'd broken my heart so completely over the summer. Excluding all that was disturbingly wrong in that relationship, it was something I needed to get out of but that I shouldn't have even entered, and I entered it shortly after meeting him.

So I would say take the time to get to know him. I honestly feel that had I only recently met my partner (we'd been friends for a couple years by that time), I probably wouldn't have pursued what I did, because to me, it would have felt too soon, but that's me and I'm not a fan of taking a label so soon. Personally, if I were you, I would not only think about it but consider telling him that you're not sure you're ready for a relationship at this point in time but you would like to continue to get to know him. I think that the longer you know him, and the slower you take things, the more things are going to become clear to you, and the fairer and easier it's going to be on you both. In my opinion, if you have to pause and think about whether or not you want to be in a relationship with someone, no matter how off-guard you were caught, then there are probably some things that need to be worked out beforehand.
          { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
          Met online: February 2009
          Feelings confessed: December 2010
          Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
          Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
          First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
          Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
          Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
          Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
          to be continued...

Comment

I would say take things slowly and when i say that i mean really slowly don't fall for him right away, but get to know him better and see how things progress over the next few weeks.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mara View Post
              I don't see why you can't explore things with this guy. Exploring things doesn't necessarily mean being his girlfriend, I'm not necessarily one for labels especially so soon, but at the least, I would talk to him and see were things go.
              i agree with Mara. If you find interest in Chris M and enjoy his company, don't shut him out or rush into things. Take it slowly and see where it will take you, Sometimes you meet the right person at the most random-est times and they stay forever. Start a new relationship when you feel you're ready for it and sure it's really how you want and feel and not as a rebound.

best of luck and you know we're all here for you

Comment

Thanks guys...I wanted to ask as well, I don't want to cut contact with Chris and neither does he. Is it wise to do this though? Just wondered.

Comment

I believe that when a relationship ends, yes, it's wise, because that little smidgen of feelings you described? It's unlikely to go away until you do. No, you haven't been able to talk with one another regularly, which has likely helped, but even those intermittent conversations can "bring it all back." My opinion is that it's important to step back/away after a break-up and at the very least take a break. Focus on yourself, your life, and only that much, and maybe in the future, when you can both say without a doubt that you're over one another, you can reconnect or get back in touch. But right now, especially if one or either of you is considering dating/seeing/getting to know other people, my recommendation would be that yes, it is wise to cut contact.
                  { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                  Met online: February 2009
                  Feelings confessed: December 2010
                  Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                  Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                  First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                  Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                  Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                  Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                  to be continued...

Comment

Glad to see you're back! miss you hollz <3
                    I think if you enjoy Chris M's company, and you find that you may have some feelings there to, you have no reason not to go for it. You deserve to be happy, and I know you're still upset about what happened with your last relationship, I don't think that should stop you from trying again with someone else, yknow? I would just say take it slow, and see where things go. But only do it if you're ready, if not, wait until you are, and if he can respect that, then that's great.
                    I'm sorry to hear this has been so rough on you, but I'm glad to hear you've found a way to occupy your time. And I agree with Eclaire about getting over those feelings by cutting contact, because she's right, even the least bit of contact with the other Chris (your ex-SO) is going to bring up old feelings, as much as it sucks, many times it's the best way to get over someone :/
                    You never forget your first love...

Comment

I have to agree with what everyone else has said so far. Take your time with new Chris. It wouldn't be fair for him if in ended up just being a rebound relationship. Obviously if he asks why just be honest and let me know that you still want to be friends and just not ready for a relationship. About cutting contact with old Chris. Well cutting contact would help but obviously its harder than that. Me and my ex still keep in contact and are talking every now and then. So as long as you can handle the feelings that could come back when talking to Old-Chris.

Comment

Take time to get to know him more. It's kind of odd that he just up and asks you to be his girlfriend so quickly! I think if I were you and were to accept it so quickly, it wouldn't really feel real to me until I knew him for a long time, long enough to develop actual feelings.
                        <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

Working...
                        X