No announcement yet.

No "I love you" after a year...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said I love you to my SO first. Like everyone else has said, there are no rules on who has to say I love you first. If you feel it, let your SO know. It may be all the convincing he needs to say it to you. If you're really uncomfortable saying it first, then ask him if he does. Let him know how special he makes you through his actions, but that you want to hear it if he does. If he doesn't feel ready to say it, don't pressure him. I'm sure the I love yous will come if you're just patient. He wouldn't be going through all the things that come with a LDR if he didn't, at least, deeply care about you.
    "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
    Made it official: September 17, 2010
    Got engaged: January 15, 2012
    Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
    Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
    Got married: November 21, 2012
    Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
    Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

I think he wouldn't put so much effort to talk to you or be with you when you visit him, if he wasn't in love with you.
      A LDR it's difficult when you love the other person, so I guess it's just pointless to be with someone, and make that much effort if you don't love them.
      I guess he might be scared to say it or maybe he doesn't think the words would make a difference.
      Some ppl don't need the words to reassure their feelings. Though it doesn't mean he is not in love.

I kinda know how you feel because I do need the words lol, but if I were in your situation I would tell him I'm in love with him and see what he answers back. And in case he doesn't say it back I would just ask him directly why. But not in an accusing way, just telling him how that makes you feel.

Comment

Well, until now my SO never say I love you but he use another words to say that he is care about me. It not bugging me so much because I'm not verbal girl too.
        So I think every single person have their own way to expressed their feeling.

Comment

Maybe he figures you already know? My guy isn't verbal with his feelings either, and is a big believer in action over talk because those three words can be so easy and over-used. Sometimes that bugs me, but it's just how he is and even though he's not crazy about verbalizing it, his actions scream it to me everyday We did talk about it though, it's important to do that so you aren't left wondering, and you have to decide if you're OK with it because sometimes people aren't.
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Have you ever said it to him? Just out of curiosity.
            You never forget your first love...

Comment

Originally posted by Snap View Post
              I see so many people in relationships telling their SO that they love them and yet their actions don't match.
              I just experienced the ultimate example of this statement. My ex-SO was full of wonderful words. Told me that he loved me..all the time. If words were food..I'd never go hungry because he fed me line after wonderful line and I was full and satisfied. Actions speak louder than words and it sounds like you SO is giving you good ...action lol. Sounds like you guys are good.

Comment

Well from what I understand, you said your SO isn't open with his feelings, so how can you expect him to express them on his own?

He probably needs a little push from you. In my case, I asked my boyfriend if he loved me, and he basically said yes. It also opens it up to discussion for other things to talk about.

Comment

my ex-bf never told me he loved me and we were together for over a year. I don't even know if he was even capable of loving anyone. my current bf and I tell each other we love each other loads of times each day. to me it seems more normal this way. if you love someone you should tell them. a year is a long time to never have said it.

Comment

Working...
                  X