Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling ugly and stupid.

I am in a really really bad day.

Where I think I am stupidly fat and ugly, an oger.

that I am not smart enough, thin enough, my hair isnt good enough. I am not good enough.

I am crying my heart out. and just needed to vent. I wish I could sleep until this feeling would be gone. I dont want to see anyone, I feel awful.
    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Just remember that you are beautiful. your SO thinks your beautiful, and im sure if he sees you crying he will say "don't be silly" x

lots of hugs to you. just breathe, smile, and say you are better than those thoughts. xx

Comment

thank you for the sweet words, but i really cant see how anyone can think im even remotely 'nice-looking'.

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

and i guess i picked up a fight with my SO, because of my bad mood. i should have just not talked to him today, as I knew im not on my right mind right now.
      our story.

sigpic

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I would consider sitting down and writing out what you do like about yourself. If you're having difficulty doing that, then don't start there. Start with what you have in your life that you appreciate. Your SO, for one, and why do you appreciate your SO? Then once you've come up with a suitable list, go back to writing a list about you. It can be anything! I believe you mentioned at some point you want to get a dog with your SO at one point? Add something like "animal lover" to your list. What are some things you've done that you're proud of? "Made it through the distance," for one, what's another? Things like that. See if you can turn your frame of mind when you're starting to feel like this.
        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
        Met online: February 2009
        Feelings confessed: December 2010
        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
        to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
          I would consider sitting down and writing out what you do like about yourself. If you're having difficulty doing that, then don't start there. Start with what you have in your life that you appreciate. Your SO, for one, and why do you appreciate your SO? Then once you've come up with a suitable list, go back to writing a list about you. It can be anything! I believe you mentioned at some point you want to get a dog with your SO at one point? Add something like "animal lover" to your list. What are some things you've done that you're proud of? "Made it through the distance," for one, what's another? Things like that. See if you can turn your frame of mind when you're starting to feel like this.

thank you so much, I will try that. at least a mental note! I am just feeling really depressed, and took it out on my SO and I started a fight for no reason. we discussed and are good now, but I feel guilty about taking it out on his, i guess its the cherry on top. so I will go and concentrate on that list, thank you! after it, i will watch my recent addition to my disney dvds collection, the beauty and the beast, used to be my fav when i was a kid, so i hope it can cheer me up.
          our story.

sigpic

Comment

You are beautiful. If being "flat" is perfect, God will create a world shape like a thin sheet. Curve made things more beautiful, a perfect square lined up table is less attractive compare the one with curve and carvings here and there...

If you're different, consider that what made you unique.

Don't see your self bad-or less... how can you made other see you more when you can not value your self more? be happy with your self and thankful for the thing you had. There are people less fortunate that doesn't have hair, and want those extra weights... i am talking the cancer patient and those who suffer hunger in Somalia.

Chin up smile and i will quote one of beautiful woman ever:
            Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring--Marilyn Monroe--

Comment

I feel like this a lot too. I get really depressed, cry all the time. It normally lasts about a week. Typically i can keep my insecurities in check but every now and they they creep up on me and i'm a mess. I find writing in a journal completely comforting. Normally I find that one of the reasons I am so depressed is because of underlying issues, n the insecurities play into it. The journal just helps me confess everything i'm feeling without actually talking to someone. The pages can't judge you, and that feels good. It doesn't matter how often someone tells you you're beautiful, if you don't see it its hard to take that compliment. I don't think I've ever believed those words, but i'm trying. So should you. I also find, watching a sad movie listening to slower songs and crying my heart out also helps me get all those negative emotions out.
              "You want for myself
              You get me like no one else
              I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
              Even in the darkest part of me
              I am beautiful with you
              Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
              You're here with me
              Just show me this and I'll believe
              I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

I have these feelings sometimes and i end up arguing with Sud >.<
                I always end up feeling low and meh, so i just sleep it off and if i still feel low, I make myself busy.
                Just remember that you are beautiful even if you dont think that Watch some movies, listen to music Keep busy

Comment

Originally posted by rubydissolution View Post
                  I feel like this a lot too. I get really depressed, cry all the time. It normally lasts about a week. Typically i can keep my insecurities in check but every now and they they creep up on me and i'm a mess. I find writing in a journal completely comforting. Normally I find that one of the reasons I am so depressed is because of underlying issues, n the insecurities play into it. The journal just helps me confess everything i'm feeling without actually talking to someone. The pages can't judge you, and that feels good. It doesn't matter how often someone tells you you're beautiful, if you don't see it its hard to take that compliment. I don't think I've ever believed those words, but i'm trying. So should you. I also find, watching a sad movie listening to slower songs and crying my heart out also helps me get all those negative emotions out.
                  My SO always wonders why I feel better sometimes after watching a sad movie. I dont know how to answer that, but I feel like you. maybe its because I cry so much that there are no tears left? and the sadness flows with the tears? I dont know. but it helps. My mothe gave me the complete box of all sex and the city episodes yesterday, and Ive been watching them. I really like the shoe, so it keeps me distracted.

thank you for the words. about writing, sometimes i feel myself so emotionally drained when im like that that i find hard to write it all down, seems like too much work if you know what I mean? so as silly as it may sound, I daydream. I think about how I want things to be, visualize all I want happening. and i usually get asleep like that.

Its just too much right now, and I dont even think there is an specific reason behind it all. just plan not good old depression.
                  our story.

sigpic

Comment

yea, we all have bad days. What I do?

I close my eyes, I breathe deep, like a couple of deep breaths. Then I hear his (my so) voice saying "You're beautiful." and it always make me smile.
                    sigpic
                    Nobody knows who I really am
                    Maybe they just don't give a damn
                    But if I ever need someone to come along
                    I know you would follow me, and keep me strong

Comment

I get these feelings too at times, more so when someone pretty talks to him and i compare, i cant help it, or sometimes when he says certain things, it makes me feel like im not pretty enough. Or I could be more fun or just I get really down on myself. But you have to take step back, and relax. No one is perfect, will ever be perfect. Realize that your beautiful in your own way, that your imperfections make you perfect in your own special way. I always feel best after a shower, then wearing something i thing compliments my shape and feeling and looking good. I think we all have these moments though.
                      I love you Nathan <3
                      sigpic
                      5/25/09 <3

Comment

I think everyone has days like these. But you cant let it ruin your day. There is no reason that anyone shouldnt feel that they are beautiful. Always take time for yourself. Maybe give yourself a spa day. Give yourself a manicure and pedicure, put on a face mask, dye your hair and put in a a girly movie. Things will always look better tomorrow
                        Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
                        X