Life after Thanksgiving! Anything new?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life after Thanksgiving! Anything new?

Some of you may have been like me and haven't been to active on the LFAD forums due to the holidays.

So how did everyones holiday go? Did you visit family or spend it with your SO? How is everyone??

Mine went well. I came home to california for the holiday to be with my family, friends and of course boyfriend. Defiantly busy, but defiantly worth it. I decorated my house and my best friends house for christmas as well. Even went with her family to cut down a tree! Holidays still are weird since my mom only died 22 months ago but things are getting easier as life goes on.

I am now at the airport who has all its flights delayed due to fog (i'm in the bay area of california) and it is pretty packed at the airport. At least I have no connecting flights Back to life as usual tomorrow and then 15 days until I am back with my family and boyfriend for christmas break (But i have to get through finals first.)
    Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

"Due to fog." Yes, that would be us, though it's been pretty crystal where I'm at. :P

My holiday went well. Spent it with my mother (my sister decided to do something with her friends). My mother doesn't eat turkey, but we went to the grocers and got some turkey, stuffing, and maple-glazed baby carrots for me. My mother made breaded chicken and a baked potato. It was pretty low-key, really, shopping last minute and then went home and cooked and we'd gone out earlier for a walk on the beach with the dog, which was nice. I would have liked my sister to join us, but eh. Yay adolescence. :P

I think the most memorable thing was the way my mother surprised me with the chocolate turkey she bought me. She knocked on my door, and when I said "what?", she started walking the chocolate turkey around the door/corner of the door saying "gobble! Gobble!" and even at 20, things like that make me laugh/smile.

But I had from Wednesday until today off at school, so I mostly spent it lazing. Of course I'd planned to get all my homework done and to study and to get caught up but not much happened. Not like it was a busy holiday but it was mostly spent recouperating, relaxing, and reading. :P
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

I spent it with my whole family (parents, sibling, sister in law and my nephews) it was great i also got to visit my guy at work, which made the rest of the night special

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

I spent it wih my family. We didn't cook a huge dinner this year because my younger sister is in SoCal for college and didn't come home. On top of that I had work at 6:00 so I needed to go to bed at 20:00... It was still a nice intimate gathering and was lots of fun. we were going to decorate our Christmas year but decieded to wait till my sister come home to do it together. However, i already took out my Charlie Brown Christmas tree in my room

I hope your flight will take off soon Bethypoo. I read on CNN last night this would happen but that's bay area fog.... So typical. Haha

Happy holidays everyone!

Comment

I had a good holiday with my family and my boyfriend. We had ham because I hate turkey so I was happy!
          Black Friday was awesome though. Got a new laptop :]

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
          Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
          Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
          Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
          Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I had a nice holiday with my family but got some more bad news about my boyfriend. he now has a slipped disc and probably has permanent nerve damage in his leg (its totally numb). just when we think he's feeling better things just get worse.

Comment

I had 2 Thanksgiving dinners this year! It was so great. The first, Anthony and I went to my aunt and uncle's house and spent some time there, where we had an Italian Thanksgiving complete with the antipasto, 4 pounds of pasta and the turkey (which we didn't stay for). There was about 10 of us there, and we had a great time. Spent a lot of time with my uncles, and played some Boggle with my cousin. Anthony and I got to cuddle a lot, too. Then, we left early to go to Anthony's neighbor's house. Anthony's neighbors have 3 children, and Anthony's mom and younger sister were there. We had a ton of food there, too! It was delicious! Then, we all hung out and talked for awhile. Anthony and I cuddled some more. =] Then, we played Pictionary, "kids" vs adults. It was a ton of fun and we all shared a lot of laughs. It got late, and we walked next door to Anthony's house for awhile. The two of us watched some TV and cuddled for awhile. He had to check in for his flight, too while I was there. I brought him to the airport the next night, and we said our goodbyes. He's been back at school now for 2 days, and he'll be home again in about 20 days...this time he'll be home for 3 weeks! Our second Thanksgiving together was a success and we had a great time together!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I LOVED my Thanksgiving this year! It felt like forever since I had been home, so I was smiling before the plane took off for home. I came home and got to see my family and my SO, Jacob, came over right when he was done with work. Getting to see him was the happiest I've been in a long time. ))) Mom and Dad love him so he got to spend the night everyday of my break until I left. For Thanksgiving Day, Jacob had lunch with my family, then we had more food at his aunts, and THEN Thanksgiving dinner at his Mom's place. Needless to say we had ALOT of food that day. xD The next day our city had a parade of lights we went to. Otherwise, we just spent time playing video games or watching movies.

I was so sad to leave today, but Christmas break is only 15 days away now so I can't wait!!! ))))
                "You will always have my heart, no matter how far we're apart" ~ Jacob

Comment

I spent Thanksgiving with my SOs family in the mountains. I had met a good amount of his family but I never realized how huge it was until I went! There were about 50 people there and that was only a portion, it was CRAZY! We all had a blast though, it was a great Thanksgiving I am also so excited that Christmas Break is just around the corner!

Madly in love with Michael

Comment

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in the Netherlands, but my SO didn't have to go to school of course! So we had a nice long talk, which was really great because we're both so incredibly busy at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by carolynred View Post
                      I was so sad to leave today, but Christmas break is only 15 days away now so I can't wait!!! ))))

my sentiments exactly!!!!
                      Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Christmas!!!

We don't have Thanksgiving over here But I like to hear about it. I didn't even know about it until they mentioned Black Friday though lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X