Can't Stop Crying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll look into it.

And I love this phone, don't get me wrong. I've had it for almost a couple months now and I wouldn't trade it for anything, and I'd go with a BB again in the future. I did consider an iPhone, but iPhones don't support Windows Live which is what I primarily use my phone for anyway, and so far I love the Windows Live on my BB. I understand that they have issues with freezing or other odd issues but a soft reset or in last night's case a hard reset took the issue away. My other phone was worse, though, so perhaps I'm biased simply because I was given a crap phone as a "compensation" for my LG going out before warranty (was given a Samsung Flight). I'll look into the app, though. Is it only free for me?
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

I am glad you got it all figured out! What a relieve!!! Let's hope your BB wont act up again anytime soon! I have a Blackberry as well but I've never had any problems with it except for that stupid RIM blackout last month

Comment

@ Eclaire, nah it's free across the board =)

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
          I like the analogy of it being like keeping your SO in your pocket. So true.
          I understand the panic. Just having a device in your pocket through which you guys are instantly available to each other is like having a little wormhole between you. Even when you aren't texting, you still have that channel connecting you at all times.

Originally posted by HollzHeartsChris View Post
          And I've found that the best app to use for international texting is WhatsApp on the Android market, a brilliant app that you can use to text friends for free on any phone, be it iPhone, Blackberry or another Android phone. I'd highly recommend it.
          Another shout for WhatsApp. The network goes down sometimes but never more than an hour or so. Notifications can also be late at times, up to half an hour, which is quite annoying. But it's still hands down the best phone-to-phone messenger we've tried out.

Also, there are loads of apps on iPhone emulating different messengers, including MSN or Windows Live. (yes I'm a huge Apple fangirl)

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

I love Blackberry's. I'm glad you got yours fixed and i was actually thinking about getting a torch, but after reading all of the complaints about it being "top heavy" when it's open and it freezes up a lot i chose to stick with my Curve 3G

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of Apple, hehe. :P

What I meant by is it only free for me is if I use the program, is it free for him to respond or will it cost? He doesn't have a smart phone, though he's considering getting an iPhone once he upgrades.
              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
              Met online: February 2009
              Feelings confessed: December 2010
              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After