Moving, crates to internatonal help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving, crates to internatonal help

Hi! Bit of update if you read my posts before, i found out it will be around 4k to move to Austria so its not so bad after all!! im going to get classes for online German too so i hope that goes well its a 6 month course. Anyway! i was wondering for those people who moved to a different country from the U.S does any one know about shipping crates? how much they cost and such. I have some items i want to move to Austria but they wont go on the plane that great plus im kinda worried about them getting lost on the plane anyway. I was wondering what company would be good for something like moving crates international? And how much do you think it will coast? i only have a few things i really want to move, stuffed animals, art supplies and a few Victorian things and nick nacks i dont think i could leave behind.

Thanks so much ^___^ appreciate it!

i think the cost depends on how much you declare your stuff...try dhl or fedex...they ship international..
    to make sure try to call them and inquire first...
    goodluck
    "In love, two of the most important ingredients are being open and being content."

"God must have seen my need for someone who could turn my failure to victory, whose touch could turn my tears to smiles, who by just being there could turn my sadness to laughter. That's why he sent you to me."

Comment

When my SO plans to move to Canada he's just going to sell most of his stuff and bring what he can in a suitcase. I have furniture and stuff back home that he doesn't need to bring so hes going to use the money he gets from the stuff to re buy what he needs in Canada. What kind of stuff are you shipping? Is it stuff that you can part with? MIght be easier then getting a shipping crate.

Comment

I have a friend who just recently moved her stuff from Canada to Germany and she paid like $1000 for everything, i'll ask her the company she used.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Some mates of mine have made moved between Canada and Australia a few times. Each time they get a shipping crate on a boat (takes about three months I think they said) anyway, the most recent time they shipped a small house worth of goods in one crate (big bloody crates!) and it set them back $1400, which is pretty decent. It can cost more than that to fly one person after all
          I dont know what company they use or if that's available in the US, but I imagine you'd be looking at that price range.

You can also ask for ground mail from your local post office if you really don't have enough to justify that expense. Maybe put all your stuffed toys in a vacuume bag?
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Sorry to be off-topic and hijacking the thread, but where to Austria are you moving to???! I'm curious as hell, because I'm an Austria native and can't help it...

Comment

Yeah shipping crates is pretty expensive. I guess it's not too much if you're bringing your car, furniture, appliances and everything else. But if it's just some books and your favorite wine glasses, I'd say it's better to pack light. From USA to Costa Rica I know a couple people who shipped a 30ft crate for $2000. When I moved to CR I packed a big carry on and 2 just barely under weight requirement checked bags. No it's not all my stuff, but I'm not suffering.

Comment

Working...
              X