No announcement yet.

"I Love You" - Who, When, How, Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we were really good friends online for over 2 years before we even ventured into liking each other,when he decided he to make the trip from UK to Aus to meet we were falling for each other. We had decided not to officially go into a relationship until we were sure we would work in person.. so when he felt he loved me he cutely started to say "Voldemort" because it was a representation of those words that must not be said.

super cute so i had to share that! ^ now to the actual "i love you"..

I was more cautious and hesitant about saying i love you because saying those three words are official and it meant we were committing to a long distance relationship. He told me before the trip that he wanted to be the one to say it first and when I was ready to say it myself I should tell him so he he could be the first one lol.

during the start of the first visit he asked me a once or twice 'can i say it yet?' and I said "not yet" but had some moments where i was THIS CLOSE to telling him that he could but it didnt seem like the right moment.. About a week into the visit we were staying at beach house on our own for a few days and he was taking a nap, i was just doing some tidying up and dishes while he slept and had this overwhelming feeling of wanting to say it.. So I went over to him on the bed and woke him up leaning over him and gave him a few kisses and said a few other things that i cant remember lol.. and then i said "you can say it now" and he was like "oh well i'll say it later so it means more" and i was like "oh yeah thats fine, just now you know you can" then about 10 seconds later he said "i love you" and im pretty sure I gave him a playful hit and made a comment about him being cheeky.. and of course I said "i love you too"

sorry that was super long! I just think for us we really took our time to say it and those 3 words had a lot of weight because they were the turning point in which we knew this was for real and we were committing to each other.
    Met Online: February 2009
    Feelings grew: January 2011
    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
    Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
    Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
    Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
    Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

We met online, and talked for about a month before we started to date and a month after that to meet. We had been dating about 2 months, and we were in the movie theatre waiting for it to start, so we were just talking about everything and cuddling, as much as you can in a movie theatre
      We hinted that we wanted to say the L-bomb, but I was apprehensive to say it before we were intimate, since I found out that the only reason my ex had said that he loved me was so that I would sleep with him (hurts to find that out after loving someone for 3 1/2 years).
      I don't know what I said or what I did, but all I remember him saying was "oh I just lo..." and then I just shot a look of surprise at him, and he stopped and blushed. We both knew that we wanted to say it, but it wasn't the time.
      The next time that we met, we had sex for the first time, and while we were cuddling afterwards he lifted my chin up, kissed me and said that he loved me.
      It may not be the most romantic for anybody reading this post, but I wouldn't change it

Comment

- For those of you who met online, when did you say it? Did you wait til you met? Did you know before you met? How long had you known your SO?

I've known my SO for a little over a month really, he said it the first time about 2 days ago when we were on webcam together and it was funny the way he said it. He was all like "I have something to tell you, but I don't want to type it." I sat nervously waiting, wondering what he was going to say. Then he suddenly said "love you" and immediatly hid his face in his hands 'cause he was kinda embarressed and it was extremely cute lol I blushed scarlet and I replied with "love you too" and I ducked my head and couldn't stop giggling I swear, he makes me blush at the slightest thing. Though I can make him blush quite a bit too so yeah =D

- For those of you who have yet to meet irl, who said it first? How did it effect you? Was it/is it difficult?

He said it first. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And nah, it wasn't difficult surprisingly. It came out naturally, both when he said it and I said it.

Comment

We met both in Macau when we're traveling.

Somehow we kept meeting.. and on the 3rd day he said it... less than a week after we met, he said it but i don't know if he said "i love you" because he said it in Russian language "ya tebya lubylu" i knew it like 1-2 month after i heard about it several times but he never say whats that means.. i look google for that.. and found out he say it... hehe

We were looking at the light house that night.. full moon and lots of stars on sky.. we were still like shy to each other, and he stare at me and say it, and i ask whats that? he said it again, and then blushing but.. i thought he say something like i am pretty hahahahhaa....

its so sweet tho

Comment

He said it very soon after we got together--days after. (We started out CD) We were hanging out in his dorm room on his bed cuddling, he got this look on his face and I asked him what was up. He refused to tell me. I pushed and he said, "I love you....and now you think I'm crazy." I told him he wasn't, but I also said I couldn't say it back, because I wasn't sure. The Saturday after we were at a college dance and it was a slow song and he whispered in my ear, "I had wanted to tell you in a moment like this that I love you, but you just had to hear it." lol. I ended up telling him in a Facebook message last Christmas--we both went to our respective homes for Christmas. I got to see him on January 4th and told him to his face in my driveway. I still smile when I think of his face after I said it.
            ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
            The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

- For those of you who met CD, did the distance change that? Did you say it before or after you went LD? Did youhave to make sure you loved the other person before deciding to do LD?

He said it less than a month into our relationship, I panicked. it was a spur of the moment thing i think. I told him a few days later on our 1 month. it just kinda felt right. we were together 8 months before we were LD, so it was kinda decided that we loved each other before we went off to school.

Comment

I met my boyfriend online but we didn't establish an actual relationship until after we met, about two years after we'd been talking daily. Prior to us meeting he had been calling me babe and what not and his intentions were clear as were mine, we had several discussions about it. However, neither of us were willing to jump into a relationship without having met first. Chemistry that you have over the internet does not always translate into chemistry in real life.

Before we met, I was convinced that I was in love with him, but when we actually did meet I realized that feeling was infatuation and I had to let the love actually grow. We met in person in April and I confessed that I was in love with him in September. Before that he had been dropping hints about being in love with me, basically telling me he loved me without saying I love you, so I knew I was safe. I was terrified though.

Comment

My SO and I started talking over Facebook right after I graduated high school, and we were in a relationship almost immediately. He came to visit two months later, and while he was here we drove to the next state to see his family. During the drive home, we got into a kind of tense conversation, and I was worried things were going to be awkward the rest of the way home. But he made a remark jokingly, and then said, "But I do love you... Yeah, I said it."
                  We had both been thinking about it for a few days prior. I said it right back to him. Tension gone.

Comment

Its kinda hard to explain, my SO and I had been telling each other that we loved the other like, maybe 2 weeks into our relationship. We had literally spent 8 hours everyday prior to our dating talking so it wasn't like I didn't already know him some. But I always felt like I didn't love him the same way he loved me. Well, about a month and a half into our relationship, he got really sick, so sick that he didn't want to talk on the phone or anything so I had very little communication with him that week. When I realized how much I missed him and how much I missed talking to him and how much I missed his company, I kinda just...knew that I was in love with him and that I would do anything for him. I've never been the same after that, as I had never really been in love before. It was a great feeling. Still is

Comment

we were close distance for 2 years n 3 months, now we will be long distance on and off for a while...

well, hehe, funny story. he did say he loved me, but i actually didnt hear it. we were on the swings and i said "i love the swings" and he said "i love you" back... but i didnt catch it n when i asked what he said he didnt repeat... later online i asked and yep, he said he loved me :P
                      the next day (during summer holiday) we were just lying there enjoying each other's company and he mumbled i love you... bt i was listening very hard so the response came quickly this time hehe

Comment

We met online and he actually said that he loved me the second time we talked. The first night we started talking we stayed up until 4 in the morning and then the next day I came home from school with a bunch of instant messages from him saying that he couldn't fall asleep because of the spark he felt and that he needed me to know that he wasn't normally ridiculous like this but that he loved me haha. I don't think I've ever been happier. Now we say it every chance we get because we are that type of annoying couple even with the distance in our way.

Comment

We met online and after two months we met in person and the chemistry was great. 3weeks after my visit he told me He loved me. I didnt respond bc I am soo cautious til a month later.

Comment

We had been together about 4 months and looking back we say that was a little soon, but hey things worked out. We started off CD since we went to college together and we were in my dorm room. I was complaining about my hair (it's thick, wavy, and sometimes gets SUPER frizzy) and he said he loved my hair. Then he just kind of blurted out, "I just love you!". I was totally freaked out because I wasn't expecting it, but then we started laughing hysterically and I said it back.

Comment

Who: Newton said it
                              When: Right after I got home after our first visit
                              How: We were talking on the phone, sort of reflecting on our visit I guess, and idk if I was about to hang up and go to bed, or exactly what was said, but the next thing I know he's saying "I love you" and I told him I didn't know what to say haha.
                              Where: I was in my bedroom at home, and he was at his school

Who: Kristin said it
                              When: We had been dating a little more than 4 months, he came down to visit me at school at the end of February
                              How: We were cuddling/talking/making out and I knew I wanted to say it, so I kind of cuddled up to him extra close, kissed him, and then said "I love you" and it was so great to hear him say "I love you too". I think he knew I was going to say it, cuz I had gotten close a couple times on Skype but I wanted to do it in person
                              Where: my bed in my dorm room

sigpic

Comment

Ulysses had told me he was leaving after just a month of starting our relationship CD. I kept calm when he said it (cried loads at home but I did not want him to know) but a week later we were talking on the phone, and the more I talked to him, the more I wanted to just tell him how much I loved him. So I did and he was in shock and I was afraid something was wrong or I was going too fast because he did not say if right after.

The next date we had after that call, we went to a park and we found some kind of isolated abandoned structure. We love getting into these places. He gently pushed me against the wall and I thought he was going to kiss me, so I closed my eyes. He made very slight lip contact and whispered it then: "I love you too". And then he kissed me, it was a beautiful moment

Comment

Working...
                                X