reunited but not what we expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reunited but not what we expected

We finally saw each other this tuesday, but something about it feels off, we dont know what it is, but we just feel like something is not right and its scaring me and him. We have been dating for almost three years. He says he still loves me and is attracted to me, but I dont know what it wrng. I love him with all my heart and I dont know if I am just trying to hard and as a result am somehow getting in the way of things, but either way we seem to have hit a huge block... everyhing we do seems to be out of lust... what is going on??

Maybe you're not attracted to him physically? You may love him, but if the physical aspect isn't there it will pose a serious strain on your relationship. Another thing that may be occurring is that you were both nervous, and as a result, made the situation awkward when you met. Either way, you need to figure out what's wrong if you want to continue your relationship with a steady beat.

First met: June 2012
    Became Committed: June 04, 2012
    Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
    Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

No we both are still attracted to each other... we talked about it but we dont know what it is... he said he wont break up with me but its like he has changed into a different person.. we are each going back home tomorrow (we are at his parents house in dallas, they just moved there from san antonio tx this summer) and I really want to fix this before we part again for two weeks... I feel like the fact he is around his soccer team mates all the time has made him into a serious person because he isnt goofy anymore like he used to be, and is not as affectionate... Im posting because I cant figure out what wrong and I want to find out so I am asking...

Comment

It can be a bit odd at first after you haven't seen each other for a while. If nothing else in your relationship has changed it might as well be that and in that case, just be patient and give each other time. It'll be ok

Comment

Just get to know each other again. If you're committed to each other and aren't worried about the relationship dissolving, just reacquaint yourselves with each other. You mentioned you think you might just be trying to hard or pushing, and that's what you don't want to do. Just take it easy. You are growing, evolving people. Just keep open your communication and relax. Get to know each other. Go on dates. Experience things together. You'll be fine.
          Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
          Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
          Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
          LD again: July 24, 2012
          Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
          Married: November 1, 2014
          Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

Maybe it's just an anti climax? When you were apart you were building up in your mind that it was going to be wonderful and when it wasn't as good as you thought it made you feel deflated.

Not really similar but you know when your so desperate to see a film at the cinema and you hear rave reviews about it, you go and it's not as good as you were expecting. we build these scenarios up in our minds and when it actually happens it's nothing like we were expecting.

Just be yourself, relax and enjoy his company...

Started Writing - February 2010
            First Visit - September 2010
            Second Visit - June 2011
            Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
            Our Wedding Day - April 2012
            Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
            NOA1 - July 2012
            NOA2 - December 2012
            Fourth Visit - December 2012
            Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

We definitely need to get to know each other again, but I just have no idea how we are going to do that when we are almost 2,000 miles apart again... Any ideas? Ive decided to drop the issue with him as far as talking about it because he seems to either not want to answer it or he just legitimately does not know. My biggest fear is that he will start to lose faith in our ability to stay together... ahh the emotions are swirling in.. lol

And thanks for your posts guys!

Comment

maybe you need to start doing more things together. try and get more involved in each others lives when your not physically with each other? watch movies play games try something new together ect.. ?

Comment

Unfortunately I was wrong, he broke up with me. I suppose there is no reason to be on this website... Thank you all for you're kind words and advice

Comment

I'm so sorry about the breakup.
                    You can still stay on the site, I know I did after my first breakup. We're like a little family.
                    You have to do what's best for you, though.
                    Stay strong and PM me if you need to talk <3

First Met Online: October 2010
                    First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                    Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                    First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                    Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                    Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                    Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                    Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

Working...
                    X