I need help... ha! Don't we all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help... ha! Don't we all.

Hello, the name is Kelly and I found this site looking for answers to my questions. Like all of you, I'm in a long distance relationship and I am going through rough times. So I need advice. This is my first long- distance relationship and I'm conflicted with emotions, common sense and bias opinions.
    Below you will read my story and I hope you will leave your thoughts. The best advice one could ever receive is from a complete stranger. Or so I like to believe.

Anyways, thanks for your time! <3

I met my boyfriend, Adam, online through a specific forum. At first we were just friends, and quickly developed into feelings. During that time I had a boyfriend so I avoided getting into a relationship with him and kept it as friendly as possible. He is from Chicago and I'm from Miami. So we were pretty far away from each other and I never thought anything would come of it.

He got accepted to a university her in Florida, over 4 hours away from me and I thought that was pretty cool. But, I refused to actually meet him because I was still with my boyfriend at the time. Crap happened and a few months later me and my boyfriend broke up. So, Adam and I started a relationship.

Everything was going great. We met up in Disney, and had a great time. We both agree that's the happiest moment in our lives and we sometimes talk about it when we are on the phone. But, after the trip I found out he had a moment with a girl at his school. I found out through his texts. I know, I know, I shouldn't have been doing that but I was playing a game on his phone and didn't think much about it. Though, the last message sent/received was over 2 months old, it still hurt me. I confronted him and things haven't been the same.

I wanted to end it but he begged me to stay and to give him another chance, I did. I remembered how happy we were and how good of a guy he is. (He once drove down to bring me some ice cream during that icky time of the month) Months have passed by, and I get really annoyed. I hate him hanging out with his female friends, even though his subject of study and class are 85% females. I sometimes accuse him of cheating just because he is too tired to talk to me or he doesn't show his feelings. And he takes it. Until recently, all he said was “I'm sorry. I'm not cheating on you.” and always tried to prove that he was faithful.

He went back up during the holidays to spend it with his family. Only a day there, and I get a call saying he wanted to break up. He said, the fights were too much and it was too stressful. I begged him for another chance, and he stated he loved me but he needs to concentrate on his school. He then started saying that our relationship will never go anywhere like this, that we are always going to be a long distance relationship and he can't handle that anymore. We spent two days discussing it. I promised I was going to be less stressful and even promised not to bring up his mistakes anymore, something he hated and the main reason why he thought the relationship was too much. He was reluctant, very reluctant. He told me he would give us a second chance, then took it back a couple hours later because he felt “conflicted”. So we spoke again and he told me last night that “Okay we will give it another chance.”

What scares me, is that what if he is just giving me a second chance because of pity? Because he heard me cry and practically beg him for one. I really want to make this work and I am also conflicted because this was such a surprise. Seriously, like Wednesday we were talking about me driving up to see him next week and Friday night he ended it. Now, Sunday morning and he is willing to give it another chance. AH! I don't want to stress him out. But, I don't want to feel like our relationship is forced due to some tears. I don't know what to do or how to react anymore. Please, I need your advice.
    Last edited by Kellzie; November 25, 2012, 07:29 AM.

I'm not really the one to talk, but I'll try to say something that makes sense : )

A successful relationship is based on trust and communication ( LDR or not ) but I think it takes even more importance in a LDR.

That being said, I once found messages on skype and on the cell phone of my ex.
    And yes he told me it was nothing and it was old and that he wouldn't do it again.
    But it stayed in the back of my mind all the time and I was scared he would cheat on me.

That situation created insecurity on my end and it's a problem I had to deal with.

So, either you try to give him a chance and work on that insecurity due the past events.
    Or you guy break up.

If you already feel that this relationship won't work out, try to ask how he feels about it too.
    Maybe he has a totally different opinion?
    ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

I'm also in a LDR an it's a really far distance between us as well. But we haven't met yet. Umm I kind of have the same story as you. My bf and I have been together for a year going on 4 months. I'd say our relationship has been really stressful due to my parents. They don't agree with our relationship so we have kept it secret. It's kind of hard to try to talk to my bf with a 6 hour time differences and trying not to get caught by my parents as well. Well through all of this I have lost and given up a lot of things, such as my parents trust which I am now slowly starting to gain back. Well along our relationship my bf has cheated on my twice, once 4 months into the relationship and the second 10 months into the relationship. I was on the verge to break up with him both times and he begged me not to leave him and I gave him another chance. Since then I have always been hesitant and wary, since he works a lot he doesn't always have time for me and I would get paranoid and accuse of cheating as well and he would tell me that he's not and still continued to prove that he wasn't. So I'd say that it's a really stressful relationship for us. Well about a month ago I broke up with him because I couldn't take the stress and the worrying anymore. In that period it gave me time to realise how much I loved him and how much he loved me for staying there and not leaving or not giving up on our relationships because he kept trying to fix. It also gave him time to realise how much I meant to him. Just like that quote, "If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you it's yours forever, if it doesn't, it was never meant to be." And eventually I came back to him. Now we appreciate our relationship so much more.
      So my advice would be to maybe your relationship needs to take a break, but I don't mean to cut all ties, still keep in touch. Make it known that you guys need time to reestablish your relationships Because maybe that's all you guys need. I hope I've helped.
      P.S - if you ever need someone to talk to, my door is always open ^-^

Comment

Working...
      X