How to make my boyfriend worry less?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make my boyfriend worry less?

My boyfriend and I just recently became a long distance couple, because I left for college, and so far it's great. The only problem is when I go out on the weekends with my friends. When we go to parties I don't drink, smoke, dance with other guys, or flirt with other guys. He knows that and he trusts me but he still worries every time I go out. I just want to know how I can make it easier for him. Any suggestions?

Whenever I go out to clubs or whatever, I usually keep in contact with my boyfriend throughout the night--I'll send him a text here and there and just let him know what's going on and who I'm with. He'll want to know who i'm going out with, and who i'm around, but once I tell him, he's fine. Maybe he's worried about other guys hitting on you? Just keep assuring him he has nothing to worry about and shoot him a few texts throughout the night, just to keep him aware of what's going on. Maybe that'll make him feel better

Comment

Thanks! Yeah usually we're texting but all he can think about is what I'm doing. He's really worried about guys hitting on me, even though I never flirt with them or anything. It'll probably just take time for him to realize that it'll all be ok.

Comment

Maybe sending him a couple of pictures as well as texts throughout the night could help? Just so he actually sees you and that you're having fun instead of worrying what's happening to you. The only thing you can really do is keep him updated throughout the night... there's nothing else you can do short of flying him over and dragging him with you! Hehe. But I'm sure he'll get used to it with time. When you've been together for longer, he'll realise that there's nothing to worry about

Comment

Remind him that there's no way for you to control other guys' actions. That so long as you're not provoking any harm, he should trust that you won't do anything wrong.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X