Roommate in LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roommate in LDR

So...I wasn't sure where to put this, I'm just sharing because I think it's amusing. SO...my roommate met a guy on Omegle back in July of this year. She was just goofing around bored one night and said she started chatting with this random dude, which escalated into a three hour conversation, which escalated into them adding each other on Facebook and Skyping and chatting on the phone. Well it's been about 3/4 months and she came to me the other day saying she feels like she's beginning to have feelings for this guy (he lives in California). She knows all about my SO and I and asked me for advice. Then she said "Talk me out of it!" So I just looked at her and said "Don't do it" Not seriously, of course. Now I believe they're planning on trying to meet in January because she has an Aunt who doesn't live that far from him. I just think it's funny how this is happening to her, so similarly to how it happened to me. ANYWAY, I told her she should start a long distance relationship with him so we can cry about it together, haha. So I'm kind of happy because now I'll have a friend going through the same things as me that I can actually talk to about it and have her understand. Just think it's funny!

That's too funny! I don't know anyone personally who has been in a LDR.
    It'd be so cool to have someone else to share that with.
    Besides this website and my SO I'm pretty much on my own. Trying to figure this whole thing out is hard!!
    Our parents are totally supportive of our relationship. So that's a plus.

Comment

My roommate is in an LDR too! Except their distance is just a little over an hour and they get to see each other once a week ;_; But yea, i'm able to talk to my roomie about my LDR and she understands, its nice

Comment

Originally posted by mellif View Post
        My roommate is in an LDR too! Except their distance is just a little over an hour and they get to see each other once a week ;_; But yea, i'm able to talk to my roomie about my LDR and she understands, its nice
        Personally, I don't see how a SO living a hour away counts as long distance. That's just my opinion. I'd LOVE to have my SO that close.

It's good you can talk to her about it though. Support is always a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by sarahjane1992 View Post
          Personally, I don't see how a SO living a hour away counts as long distance. That's just my opinion. I'd LOVE to have my SO that close.

Hehe, well I'm kinda with you on that, but she says it's an LDR and I don't wanna judge her definition of an LDR too much; my SO and I are jealous of their distance as well!

Comment

Originally posted by mellif View Post
            Hehe, well I'm kinda with you on that, but she says it's an LDR and I don't wanna judge her definition of an LDR too much; my SO and I are jealous of their distance as well!
            If she was my roommate, I'd tell her about people who are a thousand to several thousand miles away. THAT's an LDR.
            An hour is nothing. But I'm a pretty blunt person. I don't mind being honest haha.

Comment

I would kill to have my boyfriend only an hour away from me!

Comment

I'm currently about 1 hour away from my GF and it still counts as long distance. We are only able to see each other on the weekend due to our commitments.

It's a lot better than 13,000km of distance but it's still an LDR.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
                  I'm currently about 1 hour away from my GF and it still counts as long distance. We are only able to see each other on the weekend due to our commitments.

It's a lot better than 13,000km of distance but it's still an LDR.
                  Well, I guess people have different definitions of what a LDR is. I still don't see why being an hour away counts as LD.
                  I'd do anything to have my SO that close. To see him every weekend would be amazing.

Comment

Well, I guess people have different definitions of what a LDR is. I still don't see why being an hour away counts as LD.
                    I'd do anything to have my SO that close. To see him every weekend would be amazing.
                    Well what do you think constitutes an LDR then? I'm just curious because if my GF is ever feeling down during the week, I can't just go to Stockholm and see her.

Yes seeing her every weekend is awesome but the costs also add up.

Rachel, having a friend in an LDR will undoubtedly make it easier for both of you two. At the very least, you will have somebody that you can talk to when you're feeling down and she will understand you perfectly .

Comment

Rachel, having a friend in an LDR will undoubtedly make it easier for both of you two. At the very least, you will have somebody that you can talk to when you're feeling down and she will understand you perfectly .
                      Haha, yep! That's what I'm thinking...although I did try being real with her and telling her isn't easy at all, and they're going to have to seriously work at it. She seems pretty into him though and determined to meet him. But if it does become something between them, now I know i'll have a close friend I can talk to who will understand and that makes me feel a lot better! Lol

Comment

Well what do you think constitutes an LDR then? I'm just curious because if my GF is ever feeling down during the week, I can't just go to Stockholm and see her.

Yes seeing her every weekend is awesome but the costs also add up.

In my mind, having a month to several months between visits. Being far enough away not to see him or her that often. Not every weekend. That's just my opinion.

Comment

In my mind, having a month to several months between visits. Being far enough away not to see him or her that often. Not every weekend. That's just my opinion.
                          I don't see how the ability to visit determines if an LDR is just that. It's about the distance, not the ability to visit. Even in a CDR, it's possible to not see your SO as often as you would like.

Comment

I don't see how the ability to visit determines if an LDR is just that. It's about the distance, not the ability to visit. Even in a CDR, it's possible to not see your SO as often as you would like.
                            I meant being so far apart that visits are only possible a month to several months wait.
                            Being an hour apart gives a person more of a opportunity to visit more. Which in my mind, isn't LD. Again, that's just my opinion.

Comment

I guess I'm not in an LDR then, I've only had to wait a whole month twice in our relationship so far

@RachelAnne, that's kinda neat. I wish I knew more people like that. My roommate has online friends but I don't think she'd be open to dating like that.
                              So, here you are
                              too foreign for home
                              too foreign for here.
                              Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Working...
                              X