LEAP OF FAITH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEAP OF FAITH

I MET A GUY ON MYSPACE LAST YEAR AND WE'VE BEEN CHATTING FOR MONTHS NOW. HE'S ACTUALLY MY FRIEND'S BROTHER-IN-LAW. AS FAR PHONE CONVERSATIONS GO I REALLY LIKE HIM. AND HE FEELS THE SAME AND IS ANXIOUS FOR US TO MEET. WE'VE ONLY EXCHANGED PICS.
    I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD NIP THE RELATIONSHIP IN THE BUD NOT BECAUSE I'M NOT INTERESTED BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW WELL WE CAN GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER THROUGH PHONE CALLS, SKYPE AND 6 WEEKS OF TRIPS BETWEEN THE TWO OF US EVERY YEAR. HE LIVES IN THE UK AND I'M IN THE US. I'LL BE 30 NEXT YEAR AND LOOKING SETTLE DOWN IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS. HAS ANYBODY SUCCEEDED IN SUCH A RELATIONSHIP? I'M SO CONFUSED.

Many of us here have

But if you're not interested, don't lead him on. There's nothing wrong with just making friends.

Also, your capslock button is situated right next to the letter "A" on your keyboard. Press it. No one's going to read through any post you make that longer than this one if you're shouting at them.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
      Also, your capslock button is situated right next to the letter "A" on your keyboard. Press it. No one's going to read through any post you make that longer than this one if you're shouting at them.
      Jaja! I read the first line then my eyes started hurting

Comment

A lot of people have succeeded at LDRs. Some people are moving to be with their partners and others have had their partners move to them. Does he seem interested? I couldn't understand from your post whether or not you two were exclusive/dating or not. If you're both in a relationship, it might be worth discussing. I know that my partner and I discussed our situations, realistically, early on and we continue to do so, not because we were committing to marriage but because we simply knew that setting off into a LDR meant that certain sacrifices would have to be made, and we want to continue being honest about where we stand. However, I'm not going to say that LDRs are easy, and they do involve being apart from one another for long periods of time, not to mention that the visa process can be trying and difficult, for some couples more than others. I would honestly sit down and think about whether or not you're ready to embark on the journey of a LDR and whether or not it's what you want, and go from there.

Also, a tip, people will probably be more receptive to you if you don't post in all caps.

ETA: Ooops! The others beat me to it!
        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
        Met online: February 2009
        Feelings confessed: December 2010
        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
        to be continued...

Comment

Eclaire, thanks so much for your response. I know this community is for those already in LDRs but I'm now considering getting into one with the guy I mentioned. He's very interested and so am I. It's just the fear of the unknown because I've never been in an LDR and don't know anyone personally who has. I totally agree with the fact that we have to be honest and we have been.
          I have to say that I read your story and it made me relax and see that all things are possible if only I'm open to it. Your story is so inspiring. I wish you all the best.

Oh and I won't post in all caps again!
          Last edited by efagirl; June 17, 2012, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X