No announcement yet.

Visa success stories........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are in the process now (I-129F). Petition was mailed on July 18; NOA1 recieved July 23... two years to the day after we met. Petition is still under Initial Review. The waiting is excrutiating :-(

Comment

Originally posted by princessmeg1328 View Post
      I must have misread what you said originally then. I guess all of this visa stuff is starting to take it's toll on me! lol
      I thought it was all as Nicole said. Fortunately, I won't be the doing the travelling for the wedding. He will. It might still be good to have a place that says what you said earlier though, Captivated. Just to point people in the right direction.
      Yup, your fiance just needs to prove that he has strong ties to the UK and has no intention of settling in the US and he'll be fine. I've said somewhere else on this forum it may be OK to get married through the VWP -- but really, it depends on every couple's situation. (Best advice is legal advice!) In our case, my husband came to the USA on the K1 fiance visa, we got married, and originally had intent on living in the US. Circumstances changed and he moved back to the UK, and now I'll be moving there in the next few months.

Here's some official word of a UKC marrying a USC in the USA from the US Embassy in London's website:

We only wish to travel to the United States to marry. We will return to the United Kingdom after marriage. Do we still need a fiancé(e) visa?

A person traveling to the United States to marry a U.S. citizen with the intention of returning to his/her place of permanent residence abroad may apply for a visitor (B-2) visa, or if eligible, travel visa free under the Visa Waiver Program. Evidence of a residence abroad to which the B-2 visa holder or visa free traveler intends returning should be carried for presentation to an immigration inspector at the port of entry.
      Link is here: https://london.usembassy.gov/faq-imm-proc.html#iv036

And hang in there, Mazy. You can do this!

Comment

Originally posted by Mazy View Post
        We are in the process now (I-129F). Petition was mailed on July 18; NOA1 recieved July 23... two years to the day after we met. Petition is still under Initial Review. The waiting is excrutiating :-(
        Know how your feeling....I'm in the initial review stage and we haven't heard a dicky bird as of yet. Been in that stage for three months now and am wondering how long this process takes.

Does anyone know whether a person can be refused and if so what the reasons would be? I am married so surely I have some right to be with my husband? I have been on visajourney & looked through the forum but I find everyone's case is so different, so you can't really relate it to your application.....

Started Writing - February 2010
        First Visit - September 2010
        Second Visit - June 2011
        Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
        Our Wedding Day - April 2012
        Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
        NOA1 - July 2012
        NOA2 - December 2012
        Fourth Visit - December 2012
        Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

Pink Elephant and Oldblighty x thanks for the support. The hardest part for me right now is the fact that our petition was sent to Vermont which is just now getting to April applications, while the California Center is already processing applications sent in July. Grrrrrrrr!!!! and Christmas is coming..... we so hoped he would be back home. We spent Christmas here in the States last year... looking more like Christmas in England in 2012. My head says I need to just chill and let the petition work its way through the system. My heart says otherwise. These months of waiting for the slow wheels of govt to turn will be worth it! But we're just tired of living for the future; we want to get on with our life together NOW!

Comment

Pink Elephant and Oldblighty x thanks for the support. The hardest part for me right now is the fact that our petition was sent to Vermont which is just now getting to April applications, while the California Center is already processing applications sent in July. Grrrrrrrr!!!! and Christmas is coming..... we so hoped he would be back home. We spent Christmas here in the States last year... looking more like Christmas in England in 2012. My head says I need to just chill and let the petition work its way through the system. My heart says otherwise. These months of waiting for the slow wheels of govt to turn will be worth it! But we're just tired of living for the future; we want to get on with our life together NOW!
            I suppose you don't get a choice were the petitions sent? It sounds like vermont is rather slow in processing the applications? We received the NOA1 from the Californian Service Centre on the 17th July...Still waiting to hear....
            Yes it's annoying and disheartening knowing that USCIS have control over your future happiness....But time does move and fingers crossed it won't be long until you hear something.....

Second Visit - June 2011
            NOA1 - July 2012
            NOA2 - December 2012

Comment

Hopefully you will hear something SOON CSC is processing I-129 petitions from mid-July. I-130 can't be too far behind!

Comment

Hopefully you will hear something SOON CSC is processing I-129 petitions from mid-July. I-130 can't be too far behind!
                Mazy, can you tell me how you find out this information? I have been on the USCIS website & can't find anything. All it's saying is that the I-130 can take up to five months at the CSC. I've logged in with our case number and it's still saying 'Initial review' Just so desperate to know what stage were at and how long its roughly going to take......from start to getting approved......

Second Visit - June 2011
                NOA1 - July 2012
                NOA2 - December 2012

Comment

Working...