New and all a bit unexpected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and all a bit unexpected

Never in a million years did I expect myself to be in this situation. I live in the UK and have been chatting for about a month with the most amazing guy in the USA. We met on an internet forum discussing a similar interest but we've found very quickly we just clicked and have so much in common it's unbelievable. I didn't ever believe this sort of thing happened and I didn't ever expect to 'meet' someone like him. We get on so well, we message each other everyday, have spoken on the phone and sent gifts to one another already. We've had a chat about how we feel about each other and we both feel the same, that we are already so much more than friends. It all seems a bit unreal and if I'm honest quite scary as I have no idea what will happen, it could fizzle out or it could become much more serious. At the moment we are just taking it as it comes, we've spoken about visiting one another and it seems scarily natural. I am so relieved to have found this site with so many similar stories on.

Welcome and good luck!
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

I think this is most people's reaction. I certainly didn'y expect to fall in love with a person who lived literally on the other side of the world, but I did, and she is amazing. We too just click, have common interests, and have also spoken about visiting (even though that lies a year or two in the future). We also half joke about our future together, with marriage, kids, what we want to have in our house and those kinds of things, and it all just feels so natural, so I definitely know that feeling. I hope you guys all the luck in the world and that you will keep us updated on what's happening

Comment

join the club!!! I still look at my relationship and think, ' what the hell am I doing?' XD good luck in your relationship

Comment

I damn sure never expected to be in a LDR at the age of 62 -- but I'm lovin' every bit of it! I feel like I'm 20 again.
          February 2012 -- met online
          August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
          April 2013 -- met in person
          June 2013 -- broke up
          July 2013 -- back together
          August 2013 -- 2nd visit
          October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
          April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Welcome! I wish you the best of luck. Have fun with it.

Comment

As already said, I think the vast majority felt that way! I never personally believed in meeting somebody online and falling in love, and then I did and it was by far the most amazing relationship i've ever had.

Congrats on finding each other, hope it goes great for you both! Just take it as it comes, as you say it could go any way, the relationship and you two will define it's course. Only advice id give is to take it slowly, concentrate on enjoying each other's company, finding out more about each other and seeing where it goes. Best of luck

Comment

sometimes its hard to believe i'm in a LDR i be like are you crazy but love have no boundaries or distance

Comment

Sorry I haven't got that involved on here much yet, I plan to. I just wanted to update quickly... Things are going very well, we email several times through the day, send little cards and gifts in the post and talk on the phone every few days for nearly 3hours each time. We've swapped lots of photos, video clips and audio messages too. I wish we could do the Skype thing but we both live rurally with rubbish internet connections . The most exciting thing of all is we are finally going to meet in April!!!!!

Comment

Awwww, that's too bad you can't Skype! That made a huge difference in our relationship -- getting to actually see each other -- brought us that much closer together!
                    February 2012 -- met online
                    August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                    April 2013 -- met in person
                    June 2013 -- broke up
                    July 2013 -- back together
                    August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                    October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                    April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

I met my love in a Forum as well!
                      I think it's great that you are able to fall in love with someone's mind first, to know that you share so much in common and just click and then it turns out you are very attracted to each other, I wish you guys the best of luck when you meet in person~

welcome to the forums

Comment

Welcome, and good luck! I don't think anyone really expects to find themselves in our situation!
                        April is soon - how exciting!! Are you visiting the states, or is he coming here to the UK?

I notice that your distance apart is 3,500! That's scarily close to me and my boyfriends! I also like in the UK, and he lives in the US, and we're 3,641! haha not much difference!
                        First met by chance in London 2nd June 2012
                        Started LDR 24th July 2012
                        James' 1st trip to visit Klaire September 29th-October 31st 2012
                        James' 2nd trip to visit Klaire November 17th-November 19th 2012
                        Klaires' first trip to visit James November 19th 2012-January 13th 2013

Comment

welcome and good luck..

Comment

Originally posted by Benni View Post
                            I damn sure never expected to be in a LDR at the age of 62 -- but I'm lovin' every bit of it! I feel like I'm 20 again.
                            Love doesnt care about age or the distance or weight or anything it just happens..

Comment

Originally posted by KlaireDelilah View Post
                              Welcome, and good luck! I don't think anyone really expects to find themselves in our situation!
                              April is soon - how exciting!! Are you visiting the states, or is he coming here to the UK?

I notice that your distance apart is 3,500! That's scarily close to me and my boyfriends! I also like in the UK, and he lives in the US, and we're 3,641! haha not much difference!
                              I'm going to the states, we're actually meeting in New York (he's not from there but I'm there with work so it seemed like too good an opportunity to miss, it does mean it will only be for a few days though which sucks but at least it's something)

Comment

Working...
                              X