New and all a bit unexpected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
    I'm going to the states, we're actually meeting in New York (he's not from there but I'm there with work so it seemed like too good an opportunity to miss, it does mean it will only be for a few days though which sucks but at least it's something)
    Ohh have the best time! Is it your first time in the states? New York is so lovely ^_^
    First met by chance in London 2nd June 2012
    Started LDR 24th July 2012
    James' 1st trip to visit Klaire September 29th-October 31st 2012
    James' 2nd trip to visit Klaire November 17th-November 19th 2012
    Klaires' first trip to visit James November 19th 2012-January 13th 2013

Comment

Hi!

I am new to this forum but my story is quite similar to yours.
      It's really nice to find someone that you get along so well and communicate, but let's face it: face to face communication cannot be compared to emails and chatting. Moreover, don't forget that life is too short to spend your time dealing with doubts. What I mean by that is you should try and meet him. This is how you will find out whether he is worth making any effort from that point on or not.
      Give a him chance (and also yourself) to find out if the relationship can develop to something deeper. After all, you have nothing to lose!

However, I would suggest you to be cautious. I don't mean that you should be suspicious though. For example, find a neat hotel near your house instead of offering him accommodation at your place if he plans to visit UK.

I hope that was somewhat helpful...
      Have a nice Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by KlaireDelilah View Post
        Ohh have the best time! Is it your first time in the states? New York is so lovely ^_^
        Yes it will be my first time in the States, it also helps that I'll be travelling with other people from work so I'm not going to a strange country on my own!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pink_Floyd View Post
          Hi!

I am new to this forum but my story is quite similar to yours.
          It's really nice to find someone that you get along so well and communicate, but let's face it: face to face communication cannot be compared to emails and chatting. Moreover, don't forget that life is too short to spend your time dealing with doubts. What I mean by that is you should try and meet him. This is how you will find out whether he is worth making any effort from that point on or not.
          Give a him chance (and also yourself) to find out if the relationship can develop to something deeper. After all, you have nothing to lose!

However, I would suggest you to be cautious. I don't mean that you should be suspicious though. For example, find a neat hotel near your house instead of offering him accommodation at your place if he plans to visit UK.

I hope that was somewhat helpful...
          Have a nice Sunday!
          Thank you for the reply, I am trying to stay realistic about it all it's just scarily right at the moment but you're right until I've actually met him in person I'll never know for sure. I cannot wait till April to meet him!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
            Thank you for the reply, I am trying to stay realistic about it all it's just scarily right at the moment but you're right until I've actually met him in person I'll never know for sure. I cannot wait till April to meet him!!!
            It's really hard to stay realistic when you are in love ;D I'm still looking at the past half a year and hope i will not wake up because I found a precious treasure so far away, yet so close to my heart.

Good luck!!!!
            “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
            ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
            Closed the distance >21.03.2015
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X