Visas for England/uk help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visas for England/uk help!

What's the best way to get a visa for the uk/england from the usa?
    I'll be going over there for 5 months, august-to-december. I thought you could stay 6 months year, so since january starts a new year would i be able to stay 5 months till december then 6 more months with the new year? and isn't staying for more then 6 conseutive months make you a citizen? help! should i go for a partnership visa/school visa/work visa?

thanks!
    Us: Saleana & Jason
    Ages: 18 & 19
    Met Online: June 14, 2010
    His Feelings Started for me: June 14, 2010
    My Feelings Started for him: July 6, 2010
    First "I love you": January 17, 2012
    "Officially together": February 1, 2012
    Met First Time: HOPEFULLY March 14, 2013 (already booked the flight)
    Closing the distance: No Idea

Oh myyy...you definitely need to do some research. Start here Visa Journey
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

No.

You can only stay for 6 months in total. It doesn't matter if that overlaps with 1/1, it's still only 6 months in total.

You need to stay in the UK for many years to be ELIGIBLE to become a citizen.

You won't get a work visa unless you are a university graduate with a job sponsorship. You won't get a student visa without the sufficient funds to support yourself and an offer from a UK school.

You can get a partnership visa but that is a different story and you need to satsify that criteria as well.

This information is all readily available on the UK Border Agency website and is not difficult to find, besides the partnership visa information.

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
        Oh myyy...you definitely need to do some research. Start here Visa Journey
        That's only for USA visas

It's 6 months within 12 months. Once youre in 6 months you gotta leave. Unless you get another longer lasting visa.

Comment

There is a good site for USA -> to UK visas it's https://talk.uk-yankee.com/
          Joey & Scott
          Met: April 2002
          Lost Contact: August 2002
          Reconnected: April 2010
          Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Saleanah View Post
            What's the best way to get a visa for the uk/england from the usa?
            I'll be going over there for 5 months, august-to-december. I thought you could stay 6 months year, so since january starts a new year would i be able to stay 5 months till december then 6 more months with the new year? and isn't staying for more then 6 conseutive months make you a citizen? help! should i go for a partnership visa/school visa/work visa?

thanks!
            You can stay as a tourist in the UK for up to 6 consecutive months without a
            Visa.

I'm not sure what visa's are offered to Americans.

No, you are not a citizen after 6
            Months.

Comment

Working...
            X