What do you do when you miss your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you do when you miss your SO?

Every once in a while when I'm doing my stuff I suddenly miss him so much! Usually after we finished talking and he has to go to sleep (6 hours of difference). I just watch a funny movie or tv. Some times I read our last messages and that makes me feel better. I try to books too. It doesn't always works though. (Mainly because I keep daydreaming).

What do you guys do when you are missing your SO?

depends what kind of mood I am in.. If we have just had a trip and are going through the post visit withdrawals then I will try to embrace it a little more and Skype with him as much as I can or look to my sister/visiting my friends for some comfort and distraction.

If it's just a random day missing him in the middle of long distance and he isn't available to skype then I'll send him a short msg letting him know I love him and am missing him and then get on with something, do the dishes or laundry, watch youtube videos... I find it helps to get away from my laptop when I'm missing him and spend some time doing productive things around the house
    Met Online: February 2009
    Feelings grew: January 2011
    First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
    Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
    Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
    Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
    Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
    Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
    Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
    Engaged: 1st of July 2012
    Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
    Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
    Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
    Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
    Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
    Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

I call even for a 2 minute convo

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
      2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
      3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
      4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
      5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
      6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
      7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
      Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
      UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

I send the short messages too! They really help.

Comment

I look at pictures of us.
          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I reread old messages, look at photos, send him a message telling him i love and miss him. Focus on the positive steps we've taken to close the distance and remind myself that someday,i'll only have to go a few hours without seeing him instead of months.
            As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Eat more chocolate

Comment

EAT REALLY YUMMY FOOD.

Also, working out helps a lot!

Comment

Well if I look at old pictures/messages it only gets worse because I remember how extremely good it is to be with her.
                  So definitely do something else totally unrelated!

Comment

I stop for a minute and daydream about us and our future plans when I miss him (If I'm not doing anything) or see a movie with my friends to keep my mind off him.

Comment

I read our old love letters. I guess its counterintuitive but it works for me. It makes me smile and turn it into a happy missing rather than sad missing, if that makes sense.

Comment

Recently I've been closing my eyes while trying to envision what its going to be like when we see each other again at the airport... I usually send a short email. SO would send pictures of what he is doing when he misses me. Those are fun, he could be trekking or watching something or traveling...

Comment

I always go back to look at the video messages he's left me. We go for about three to four days without video chatting, so it starts to hurt a little. Playing back the videos makes me feel a bit better because I get to see his face, his beautiful smile, and hear his voice. Hearing his voice definitely soothes me.

But if it's one of those days where videos won't help, I end up painting. It takes up a lot of my concentration so it doesn't really leave me room to think of anything else
                          sigpic
                          Met August 2012
                          Official Nov. 18 2012
                          Visited him in Italy August 8 2013
                          He's visiting April 7-28 2014
                          I visited: Aug. 26-Sept. 25 2014

Comment

I feel weird now... Because when I miss him (like those awful days, ya know, you cry and you think everything is against you) I can't look at our photos, or I can't read our letters and all of that... I really don't feel like doing any of that stuff when Im sad and sometimes I wonder if skypying makes me feel better. just because its the "materialization" (does this word exists?) of the person you miss.
                            I can push myself look at suff and sometimes it works, but I think only in very few cases.
                            I prefer to get distracted and push myself to meet other people, otherwise Im just crying in front of the laptop!

Comment

Everyone has their own methods but I can see a pattern: Either recall your memories (watching videos, photos, reading messages) or do something not related to your SO.

But I agree eating chocolate always, always helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X