No announcement yet.

What do you do when you miss your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually and personally tend to think about the plan I have to go through too see him to begin with, within a year from now (since it will take a lot of planning from my behalf) - it will depend a lot on my college that is in another country and on my finances there. This tends to eat up time fast for me as I usually need to conduct a lot of research online, speak with different people that I might need to get info from, study certain things (like language and options) and note certain facts down. This has been by far the most effective time passer that can take my mind from missing him.

Next in line would be various things, like Internet browsing (I'm a fan of Tumblr, alongside many news and science sites), chatting with friends, cleaning, watching a TV series or reading a book.

Comment

Cry and talk about him behind his back on this forum LOL

Comment

When I have trouble falling asleep, I end up watching a romantic comedy to put me in a happy/dreamy mood. Or, I like planning out trips that may or may not happen. Looking up flights and hotels, planning out activities to do together - like window-shopping for vacations. I usually listen to the songs from the CD he burned for me, too.
        When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
        no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

I start pushing for organising a visit, even if we have one lined up. His family likes to travel a lot, so it's always a bit of tug-o-war to get to see eachother during his holidays (I can generally take time off whenever I want to, love my job and school). I also like to look closely at different options to get our families to meet, seems like its finally happy king this Christmas If I can't plan next trip I tend to look at different job options for our gap year together (starting January!!!!) or write him a letter or write in my diary... If that doesn't help, I wander around some forest roads or something listening to music and not thinking at all
          We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

I read our previous text message conversations, add an entry to my secret (SHHH!! LOL) 2nd anniversary project/LDR Tumblr, look at pictures, put on HAPPY music and dance around my room like an idiot. Oh, there's a lot of things I do but the thing I will not let myself do is get sad about it and dwell because that doesn't help any!

Comment

I cry a little and then send a quick message reminding him that I love and miss him.

Comment

Reread our messages, look at pictures. Sometime's I'll dress up and take a nice picture for him - he says he never tires of my selfies, haha! Oh, and this one might be obvious, but when I miss my SO... I tell him!

Comment

When I miss Him I often write a letter or sometimes I draw to Him. Then I send Him the photo of it.
                  He is an artist, He draws really well so it always can make us happier :$

Comment

I watch a movie. I get distracted for two hours then I miss him again after that.

Comment

I just got back from visiting, so I am having hard time concentrating on much of anything. I go to work and do what I need. The rest of the time I spend just missing him and wishing he were closer.

Comment

I look at his pictures and so is my son's picture. Maybe cry a little then back to work again. And do some stuffs like funny youtube vids, watch a movie and play a game.
                        Then i'll text him on viber. Send a sweet quote of how much I love and miss him.
                        I also read our previous conversations and smile about it.
                        Last edited by Fudgee; July 13, 2013, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leonsfangirl View Post
                          I reread old messages, look at photos, send him a message telling him i love and miss him. Focus on the positive steps we've taken to close the distance and remind myself that someday,i'll only have to go a few hours without seeing him instead of months.
                          ^ Exactly this. Doesn't matter what, re reading the sweet messages really takes you to the moment as if he were saying them for the first time. Also with the pictures, I can't help but smile.
                          ”Distance means so little when someone means so much.”

Comment

I agree--it depends on my mood. Sometimes I need a distraction--movie, work, shopping (which doesn't help with the save-money-for-a-visit thing ) but most of the time I end up looking at pictures, rereading e-mails and texts, and eventually I end up contacting him. Calling is best, but when I know he'll be asleep I write him a long e-mail about my day and random thoughts and then how I'm feeling. I find that sharing the tough times with him help us the most. Otherwise we end up both feeling alone in our "aloneness" but it's better to remind ourselves that we both have those days and need to rely on each other sometimes to pull the other one back to the light side
                            1st, 2nd, & 3rd Dates: Nov. 2009
                            Separation/Online "Friendship": Dec. 2009 - Feb. 2012
                            1st Visit: March 2012
                            2nd Visit: May 2012
                            3rd Visit: July 2012
                            First I love yous: August 2012
                            Next Visit: Hopefully this winter!

Comment

Working...
                            X