No announcement yet.

"Your bf is in another country??Aren't you worried he's cheating?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get this ALL the time! The people in my school are really conservative tho, whole area is really. But i just ignore them and reply simply with "Nope, im not worried at all, he would never do that. You'd know that if you knew him." they usually change the subject after that
    sigpic

Distance tears couples apart. But if we can get through over a year without even meeting... Thats special...
    -Connor<3

Comment

I understand that there are people who just don't get LDR's, which is fine, to each their own, but my standard answer to rude questions like that is to say "If I were worried about it/that/whatever, I wouldn't be in the relationship", along with a tone of voice and a look that shows very clearly that the discussion is over. Remember that you don't owe people an explanation, and are under no obligation to get into the details with anybody, especially those who are out of line.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I got those comments few times. A lot of people think that sex is everything in a relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalfever View Post
          It's a gait and easy assumption for someone that's never been in an LDR. No reason to get upset just explain your take on it. If people want friends and such to be more understanding the only way to do this is through open and honest conversations.

So if someone asks you an out there question remember their point if reference and that they may have never experience an LDR.

Ignorance isn't bliss but no one can know about something until they are educated. So share.
          Agreed. I realized that before being in a LDR I would've wondered the same thing. And when people have danced around that question with me, it's generally been friends speaking out of love and concern. Then, their moment of education also turns into a great opportunity to gush about my SO and help them get to know him and our relationship through me.
          1st, 2nd, & 3rd Dates: Nov. 2009
          Separation/Online "Friendship": Dec. 2009 - Feb. 2012
          1st Visit: March 2012
          2nd Visit: May 2012
          3rd Visit: July 2012
          First I love yous: August 2012
          Next Visit: Hopefully this winter!

Comment

Working...
          X