I'm at my wits end and don't think I can do this anymore. :'(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by libelle View Post
    I agree with Goyangi. I want to add that what he did might not be necessarily considered douple standards, because it sounds more like, from the chronology of the events, that he is trying to get you in his shoes and make you jealous for once too.
    I think the rule of thumb in any relationship, regardless of cultural differences, is that if your SO is trying to teach you a lesson, give you a taste of your own medicine or get one back, your relationship is in the pits. And there's no love lost there.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

@ Malaga: I agree with what you say. I was just pointing out that I don't think what he did right there is double standards, rather a decision taken at a moment where emotions take over rational thinking

Comment

@ Malaga: I agree with what you say. I was just pointing out that I don't think what he did right there is double standards, rather a decision taken at a moment where emotions take over rational thinking
        I would agree except he has the quite history of doing it. And when that's anyone's automatic response... Hey, my ex would say violent things and detail exactly what how he'd like to hurt or kill someone who angered him. Said in the moment or not, it became too dark for me and was something that terrified me more than anything, not because I actually believed he'd kill someone, but because he had that much anger and it could take something as simple as losing a round of League of Legends to trigger it. If this is the only thread you've read by this poster, than I do understand why some people are responding the way they are, but the history of this poster and her relationship has shown that this isn't a one time occurence where someone makes a stupid decision because they're acting immaturely and irrationally. This relationship has been a series of conscious punishment decisions from his end only when she's "messed up" in his eyes. And punishment is never something your partner has the right to dole out, no matter what they feel.

Comment

I really doubt that.

Originally posted by texasgal View Post
          His culture doesn't allow for girls and guys to hang out as JUST friends. If you are interested in someone then you hang out with them and ONLY if you have intentions of taking it to the next level of asking her parents, ect.
          Yet he clearly has female friends (and not since yesterday)

He's been nothing but a manipulative hypocrite all this time. He either has one set of rules for females, which makes him a sexist control-freak, or he thinks if she doesn't follow his moral code, he doesn't have to either (but he'll blame her for it). That's not how moral beliefs work. He's just using it to manipulate and guilt-trip her so he could control her more easily. OP does sound a bit wet behind the ears and I can imagine her actions can be frustrating, but only a malicious jerk would rub her nose in it like this or give her 'a taste of her own medicine'. That is not what a guy who loves his girlfriend does, no matter how hurt he might be.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

At the the first post, you did do the right thing by not flirting back but you couldn't of expected your lover to be happy about the situation i know the feel my girlfriend is really hot and she gets a lot of attention from guys and it hurts when she tells me about all these guys who try and flirt with her. This 'friend' that flirted with you have to end the friendship but you did the right job by not flirting back with him

Comment

Working...
            X