Sitting and Waiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sitting and Waiting

I sit and I sit and I wait and wait some more...I know he is busy with family issues but why do I still wait for him to show up online? Sometimes we spend weeks before we can actually have a convo...not just leave random messages and by the time I wake up he's asleep..lol
    Does anyone else find themselves just waiting for a message?

Oh yes... Sometimes I feel so pathetic for doing so.
    I guess that's part of the game....

Comment

All the time.. *facepalm*

Comment

Very, very often. My SO has a full-time job now and also devotes about 3 hours a day to training, while I am still part-time (sometimes as few as 8 hours a week). I wait a lot.
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

YES! he gots a lot of friends and i got the feeling i have no life at all, doing my choirs during the day and then play games on the pc until he pops on only to say after an hour that he is going to lunch/dinner/game evening out or what ever.
          dont get me wrong i am lucky with the time he spents with me it is more then most people have and i am glad that he gots fun stuff to do.. think i am jealous or something :x

Comment

I used to be like that but that's the other way around now lol
            With the 8 hour difference and his work and my uni we just don't have a lot of time to talk. I got so used to that I'm only able to talk to him in weekends that I sometimes forget to just send him simple message during the week to let him know how I'm doing or ask about his day. I know that bothers him and that he feels like he always has to be the one to start a convo. But I just forget cause I'm so busy, it's not like he isn't on my mind or that I don't care. He used to be like that and I used to be the one waiting for hours, doing nothing else than looking at my screen, waiting for that skype (1) to pop up. I guess that happened too many times that I'm not doing that anymore and I think my SO got used to it that I was always there when he got online that he's quickly annoyed at me now lol

Comment

Originally posted by JoelleDavison View Post
              I used to be like that but that's the other way around now lol
              With the 8 hour difference and his work and my uni we just don't have a lot of time to talk. I got so used to that I'm only able to talk to him in weekends that I sometimes forget to just send him simple message during the week to let him know how I'm doing or ask about his day. I know that bothers him and that he feels like he always has to be the one to start a convo. But I just forget cause I'm so busy, it's not like he isn't on my mind or that I don't care. He used to be like that and I used to be the one waiting for hours, doing nothing else than looking at my screen, waiting for that skype (1) to pop up. I guess that happened too many times that I'm not doing that anymore and I think my SO got used to it that I was always there when he got online that he's quickly annoyed at me now lol
              This is not meant to be offensive at all(!), but when you know the feeling, why don't you just take that 20 seconds out of your day to text him? It probably makes his day and you must be able to spare the 20 seconds..

Comment

All the time. I know he has his own life but still find myself waiting...

Comment

This is not meant to be offensive at all(!), but when you know the feeling, why don't you just take that 20 seconds out of your day to text him? It probably makes his day and you must be able to spare the 20 seconds.
                  I think it might be because I always used to be the only one sending messages and waiting, I felt like he didn't really bother if I did or not, he would even plan other things while he knew I was waiting and he wouldn't let me know. So at one point I just stopped doing that. I wanted to know if he really wanted to talk to me and not just because I wanted to talk to him. Maybe this is a good opportunity to change that now, cause I do know he cares about me(:

Comment

Originally posted by dragonlady View Post
                    YES! he gots a lot of friends and i got the feeling i have no life at all, doing my choirs during the day and then play games on the pc until he pops on only to say after an hour that he is going to lunch/dinner/game evening out or what ever.
                    dont get me wrong i am lucky with the time he spents with me it is more then most people have and i am glad that he gots fun stuff to do.. think i am jealous or something :x
                    I can totally relate!!!

Comment

Originally posted by leahmango View Post
                      I sit and I sit and I wait and wait some more...I know he is busy with family issues but why do I still wait for him to show up online? Sometimes we spend weeks before we can actually have a convo...not just leave random messages and by the time I wake up he's asleep..lol
                      Does anyone else find themselves just waiting for a message?

I am right there with you! My SO is in Indonesia and I'm in California. The time difference is 14 hours, so when I'm asleep, he's up and running, and then we switch. Often times, I'm stuck staying up either super late, or getting up way early just to be able to talk to him. And even then, text conversations are kinda lame cause they're so short. I get so upset cause I never know what he's up to, or what his life is like in Jakarta, so I just have to be patient and stay positive, or else it'll all just come crashing down on me (emotionally, that is).
                      sigpic

Comment

If it helps, this past year has had its major ups and downs for my SO and I. I'm a nut when it comes to "our time" each day.. I am VERY protective of what time we do have *chuckles* you can ask him too.... Being in the military as he is i know there are times 'work' will interfere.. That's when i hate it and am basically a basket case.. (it's bad when even the dog won't come near)..
                        Even at these times we always have yahoo and or fb msngr.. Some how some way we do talk.. One thing i know that has helped is yahoo webcams, (i know many use skype or google).. There has only been maybe three, four days at most in the past year we haven't "seen" each other.. On average we cam for about 4 hours or so each night HIS night.. I have more or less adopted into "existing" in mostly his timezone or as i refer to it as "our time".. Its really a mix of the two time zones leaning more to his.. I know this wouldn't work for everyone, but it might help some figure out what works best for them and their SO.. Of course it's not as easy as it sounds but as i said it works for us right now.. Feel free to msg me if you like..

AussiesPet
                        lle mae'r galon yn arwain

sigpic

Comment

yes that happens to me a lot of the time..

Comment

yes that's exactly how it is here too...I stay up late or wake up early...sometimes I just get exhausted then I sleep in, then he wonders why I am not up to talk to him, maybe because I was up late talking to him...lol...oh the time differences can be a pain

Comment

Yes it can be a pain but I'm more or less used to it.. It helped me to adapt my own version of his timezone.. To a point of course I still have to function, or at least make it look like I am in this time zone.. lol
                              My SO knows if I don't answer his msg right away, (this is normally while he's at work or just coming home), it's because I've dozed off but I will always be at least semi awake by a certain time so we still have "our time" and cam time... There are times I do "over sleep" but he knows I will get there and is ok with it.. Its me that beats myself up about "sleeping late"...
                              Tell ya the truth a few times he's dozed off while we're on cams.. *smiles* Myself I love it.. I don't mind at all watching him sleep while I work...... My boss laughs at me, says "I got it bad", YUP I do! But thats just me..

AussiesPet
                              Last edited by AussiesPet; September 15, 2013, 01:51 PM. Reason: my stupidity
                              lle mae'r galon yn arwain

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X