This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's two different issues here:

One: Are you a bad girlfriend if you think about breaking up?
    No, I don't think so. This is a relatively new relationship (7 and a half months) and if you think that you cannot go for 6 month being LD then you have every right to call it quits.

Two: Should he choose you over education?
    I strongly believe that education is very important and that if you have a chance to do something that will help you in the long run, you should go for it, meaning: he should probably do the teaching job in Korea if this is what will help him in the future.

Like Mims and many others said you should think about it some more and see if you really don't have it in you to be long distance for 6 months.
    There's over 100 tips on how to feel closer on the main website and if you lurk the forum a bit you will find even more.

It is ultimately your decision no matter what we say.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I spoke to him about it and at least it is not his dream to go to Korea. So now I actually believe if he wants it bad enough and tries hard he should be able to find something that isn't that far away or maybe even in my country.
      Smile every once in a while =)

Comment

I wonder this as well. I've known my SO for 3 years and we've been dating for 1 year.

The physical distance is starting to get to me as well. He originally wanted me to move to where he is. Because of family, I cannot do this. It is too far. He is working towards working and living in the US..

I feel like the distance is driving me crazy lol.

I think you are strong if you decide to end it because of loneliness, but if your SO for sure can be there soon, it would be nice to give him some leeway to accomplish what he needs to in order to be closer to you.

Comment

6 months really is NOTHING in the long run..It goes by very fast, if you talk daily.. there's no way a good relationship should end cause of 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetdevil View Post
            I spoke to him about it and at least it is not his dream to go to Korea. So now I actually believe if he wants it bad enough and tries hard he should be able to find something that isn't that far away or maybe even in my country.
            Um you only started your relationship in February. If I was him, I would pick my education hands down. I'm not throwing my future away for someone else. People leave, your education never will.

I never let anything get in the way of what I've worked so hard for. Now that my boyfriend and I live together and have been dating for 4 years, he is a consideration in how I plan things. But you two haven't even been dating a year and already you are faltering. If I were him, I would go to Korea. It's an AMAZING opportunity and will make him stand out in the job market when jobs are very hard to come by.

You really need to talk to him and let him make his own choice. DO NOT guilt trip him or punish him in anyway for going after what he wants. That's cruel and selfish. As someone who "loves" him, you would want to do whats best for him, even if it's without you.
            "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugger View Post
              Um you only started your relationship in February. If I was him, I would pick my education hands down. I'm not throwing my future away for someone else. People leave, your education never will.

I never let anything get in the way of what I've worked so hard for. Now that my boyfriend and I live together and have been dating for 4 years, he is a consideration in how I plan things. But you two haven't even been dating a year and already you are faltering. If I were him, I would go to Korea. It's an AMAZING opportunity and will make him stand out in the job market when jobs are very hard to come by.

You really need to talk to him and let him make his own choice. DO NOT guilt trip him or punish him in anyway for going after what he wants. That's cruel and selfish. As someone who "loves" him, you would want to do whats best for him, even if it's without you.
              Completely agree with all of this.

Comment

Working...
              X