How long do you stay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is so interesting to hear all of your experiences

I don't want to spend another Christmas/New Year without him. I am looking at a Christmas holiday of 16 or 18 days , weekends included (we have a center that no-one will use over Christmas, so we will close it down until the first full week of January). It would be so great if he could come here in off season after his first exam was done and stay during my holiday, if so that would be the first time the both of us had time off for more than 4-5 days. If if is not possable for him to visit here, we will simply go to Turkey instead.

Our lease for the flat in Turkey is up by November, we will pack up, he will stay with friends and/or family and I will travel to wherever he is. Mostly he will be just an hour away, in the nearby bigger town. We also plan to go see his family in February as "everyone" will be in town then due to end of school semester holiday in Turkey. I have the money for it, I will continue to come visit him with studies for a week a month until at least April next year, after that I might bring more work with me so I can make more money and we can afford to lease another season.
    Last edited by differentcountries; October 5, 2014, 01:21 PM.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

My SO is coming here on a working holiday visa for a year, but we are hoping to extend that.
      ---------------
      Closed the distance: 14th January 2015

Comment

Usually, our visits last between 2-3 weeks. The shortest has been 12 days while the longest has been 20 days.
        After having spent one Christmas and New Year's with him last year, I definitely don't ever want to spend the holidays apart.
        It's so nice to have someone to cuddle up to when it gets cold out and someone to ring in the new year with.
        [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
        became official: 28.03.11
        first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
        second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
        our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
        third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
        fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
        surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
        viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
        jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
        my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

i usually stay for about 2-4 weeks 2 being the minimum because it's just not viable to do it for any shorter travelling so far

Comment

I'm so jealous and impressed with you guys who do like 30days or more visits! my work schedule and his doesn't allow that much vacation. not that we can't but work responsibilities doesnt allow us to just up and leave for more than 2weeks it must be so nice to spend a month or more together at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerlyme View Post
              I'm so jealous and impressed with you guys who do like 30days or more visits! my work schedule and his doesn't allow that much vacation. not that we can't but work responsibilities doesnt allow us to just up and leave for more than 2weeks it must be so nice to spend a month or more together at a time.
              Ah yes. I hope to do a 30 days visit next summer. I could possably make it 37 but then I can't have one week Fall holiday and I really want fall holiday next year. Apart from that, I work at a centre with only 2 employees. The only time I can take more than 1 week off at a time is when we shut the centre down, like we do for the major public holidays (Easter, Summer, Christmas), otherwise it is too much on my boss alone. Also, I can't be that long away from my husband either - I guess if I go for 30 days, my husband will come for at least 15 of those days. I sometimes dream about working in Turkey, but I guess SO is more keen on coming here to work, we will see what his options are when he is done with his education.
              Last edited by differentcountries; October 7, 2014, 02:32 PM.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

We both have jobs so when he came to visit me in June this year it was for 2 weeks, and next month I'm going to visit him for 2 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                X