Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did you/when will you meet your SO's family?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did you/when will you meet your SO's family?

I haven't yet met my boyfriend's family as I haven't even visited him in his own country. Once I get my health condition under control, my first priority is to fly over and meet his family by summer or fall of 2014. Let's hope!

Well I have "met" his brother several times over Skype and phone (one of his many brothers). His family does not live with him. In fact he himself see them only once a year. I Skyped intensely with him when we had just gotten together and he visited them. I am thinking maybe i will see them in a about a year, that is next time he will see them. In a couple of weeks i am seeing his best friends, which is almost on the level of family, wish me luck...
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I met his parents and brothers during my second visit (they didn't even know I existed during the first one )

Met the rest of his family (brother's girlfriend and her sons, grandmother, aunt, cousins, their kids) gradually over the years. I'm glad to say I get on very well with all of them and that the first contact was very easy. I visit them as often as I can.

Hope you get better soon, OP.
      I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I met his dad and his sisters+their respective families on my first visit here. His mom and her husband were actually in the US when I came over that time so I actually didn't meet them until I moved here. I have yet to meet any extended family as they don't all see each other very often.

Met online: 1/30/11
        Met in person: 5/30/12
        Second visit: 9/12/12
        Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Met his dad in 1998, one brother in 2010 and the other last year (the other was living somewhere on the west coast when we got together again). His mother passed away in 2010 so I never really met her, but she was aware of my existence. He doesn't really have a large family. There are a few aunts that I haven't met, but he isn't close with them. He's met my parents, my paternal grandparents, and two of my sisters. The rest were living elsewhere so he's never met them. I have a huge family so it would take a while to meet up with all of them

Comment

I met them over the summer, they weren't half as crazy as he described them to be.

Comment

My SO and I drove to his home state in August and I finally got to meet his mother and brother.
              Sadly, his brother passed away unexpectedly in September. We flew back there for the wake/funeral. The circumstances were very unfortunate, but I did get to meet the rest of his family (aunts and uncles).

Comment

I met his immediate family during my first visit - a person a day :P
                I met some uncles and aunts this year on Thanksgiving and I probably will meet some more over the years.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                Married: 1/24/2015
                Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I haven't met my SO's family yet. They live in Texas and New York and we're in Kentucky. It's too far to drive and we don't have the money and he doesn't have the vacation time to plan a visit. I would love to meet his sister or mom one day but, right now its just not possible.

He has met most of family though.

Met Online: 02/2012
                  Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
                  First Met in person: 09/22/2012
                  Started Dating: 10/30/2012
                  Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

Met his parents and brothers my first visit to him, as he still lived with them. Met his paternal grandmother and one uncle over the course of regular visits, and met the rest of them during Thanksgiving last month .
                    So, here you are
                    too foreign for home
                    too foreign for here.
                    Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

I met his family about a year after we met. He met mine about 6 months after that.

Comment

I met his around Easter 2013 and he met mine just after Christmas 2012.

Comment

My SO´s father died more than ten years ago, which I often regret, cause would love to ask him few questions ... However, I was introduced to his mum and her partner about three months after we started to date; about a year later I met one of his brothers and this summer, during his b-day celebration, I met pretty much the rest of the family, including best friends and co-workers, that are more-or-less like a family for him, since he is working soooo much. They are all very nice and kind people and I was pleased to make a good impression He met my family last Christmas, when he visited me

Comment

I am actually meeting his family and frinds frist time in 8 days. Exited, and A bit scared.

Comment

I met my entire SO's family during my first visit to see him in Germany
                              I first met his dad, older brother, and twin brother, who were all amazing and made me feel like family. Then, a few weeks into my trip, the whole family and myself traveled to Georgia to meet even more family. There, I met his grandparents, aunt, and cousins.
                              I love them all so much...they are like a second family to me and have always made me feel like I belong

Comment

Working...
                              X