Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did you/when will you meet your SO's family?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I met his mum after our first date and his dad probably a few days later.
    I think I met his grandparents and some extended family after maybe a month of dating? Probably before we became LD.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I met his family about 4.5 years before we started dating.
      first met in 2008 -- started talking online again in 2011 -- decided to go on a date in 2012 -- actually started dating on our first visit in August 2013 --
      second visit in February 2014 -- third visit in June 2014 -- fourth visit in September 2014

Comment

Few days after our first kiss, they (his parents) came to eat at 'my' restaurant. All went very casual.

Comment

I met his parents and sister a few months after we first started dating (we were CD first), then met his good set of grandparents a few months later for his birthday. I met the crazy side of the family on one of our LD visits a year later I think... I'm glad he eased me into that side!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I met my SO's entire family about 3 months after we started our relationship, though we were relatively CD at the time. He has yet to meet my family in-person because of visa difficulties and my family holding off on visiting his country until/if we're engaged. There's a possibility he can meet them next December but I won't hold my breath. It's more probable they'll visit him and his family in summer 2015.
            When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
            no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

My SO's parents both died before we met but I met his sister and brother on a early visit, and he met all my family early on too. I haven't met aunts/uncles etc but he doesn't see them very often, even less now he moved 600 miles to live with me!

Comment

I met his friends on my first visit, three months after we've gone 'official'. His family I met on my next visit three months later when we went to their town for a wedding, so 6 months into the relationship. He met mine on his first visit (just when we'd become official) - except for my brother, who lives overseas and they only met a few days ago

Our families met in September this year, when his folks came over for a week. It went well

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

My SOs parents unfortunately passed away just a few months after we met. It makes me very sad, that I wasn't able to meet them. I met his younger sister and brother on my first visit back and lots of aunts and uncles (still haven't met all of them though) It's a big family. I love it.
                  He's talked to my parents on skype and on the phone, but probably won't be able to meet them anytime soon.

Comment

I introduced him as a friend to my mother the day after we met in person, just a quick hi so she had some peace of mind.

About 10 days later I met his family except for a brother and sister who do not live in the area and at the end of the trip,

4 days after that I introduced him to both my parents as my boyfriend

Comment

I met my SO's parents on our first visit/meet, down in Atlanta. She still lives with them and I was staying there. I was really nervous considering I was this "older than her" girlfriend from Canada who she was meeting for the first time and also her first girlfriend. haha! But it went really well. Now they are family!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                      Married April 18th, 2015!!
                      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

I met his mother and bother on my first visit to Edmonton. I didn't meet his extended family until Thanksgiving this year in October. His dad lives on the other side of Canada so I have yet to meet him. He met my whole family during our Thanksgiving in November of this year.

Comment

I met his brother in 2008 shortly after we started dating, then I meet aunt's & cousins on Thanksgiving of 2009 & I meet his dad, step mom & another aunt a week after Thanksgiving.. as time progressed I meet more family members here & there.

Comment

I'm going to meet his family in December, shortly after Christmas, when I fly to Utah for a visit. I've spoken to his mom via Skype webcam chat in late March before his first visit here, but it was just a brief 10 minute conversation to ease her mind. She was very wary of the whole idea of a long distance relationship, so she wanted to make sure I was a legit person and not someone who'd commit marriage fraud (which was legit her concern). Apparently from that chat, she liked me a lot, but she barely knows me so I wonder how the visit will go. The differences in culture and worldviews are pretty huge, and I hope they won't press me on that.

My SO met my mom on his first visit in April and they got along immediately. My mom welcomed him as part of the family without hesitation and treated him wonderfully. He was really quite surprised, he's used to being under a lot of scrutiny and judgement. Being accepted for who he is is pretty new to him.
                            He asked to meet my grandparents on his visit this July, so we'll definitely do that. My grandpa is in the early stages of dementia and will only get worse from here on out, so it's best we meet my grandparents now when they are both still up and able to get the most out of it. Talking to my grandpa is already a bit challenging, but so far as long as you are wiling to repeat what you've said and speak more slowly he does okay. I'm very proud my SO wants to meet my grandparents on his own volition - Since my family is very small (no uncles or aunts) the few people I have matter to me a lot.
                            Meeting my brother is not a priority at all though. I don't have contact with him for a reason, and I really don't need to spend my free time with him.

~
                            It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                            A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                            The hands of the many must join as one
                            And together we'll cross the river

Comment

The first time we met, he met my mum's partner at the airport as he had to drop us home. He met my mum later that day when she got home from work, and not that long into the visit he literally met my entire family on my mum's side due to my grandpa passing away and going to the funeral.

I met his immediate family the instant I walked in his front door the first time, it was a little overwhelming for me. I've met a couple of his aunts and uncles and cousins, but most often at separate times, and never really in a big group, which is nice.
                              Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                              First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

My SO's parents both passed away before we met, as well as his uncle and aunt who meant the world to him. His aunt was dying of cancer when we first started talking and before I got to come over his house for our "official" date, she passed away. :/ But, I've met most of his family. Actually, I met most of them within the first few days of us being an "official" couple. Lmao. I've met his uncle that was married to his aunt, his brothers, his sister, and his cousins. He's met everyone on my side, so far. Except my mom's side (they're all estranged from each other).

Comment

Working...
                                X