stressing out a little bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AussieAmericanGirl66 View Post
    Another question that hasn't been broached yet, but seems important to me...how will you two have enough privacy with room mates in the house? It sort of reminds me of the movie, Going the Distance. Seriously, there will be times you will wish the other guys would leave, and they of course won't want to, because, after all, they live there, too.
    Maybe it would be good to rent a studio apartment, or inexpensive one-bedroom apartment or house, on a month to month basis. Some places don't require a lease.
    We've been down that road before. When he comes to USA we still with a mutual friend to save money but it does cost you intimacy. It's just a choice you to make. How much to spend to get that alone time and how much alone time to give up to save for your future.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Unless the walls are paper thin, you can still get some privacy with room-mates. SO and I have stayed room-mate style with both his friends and his family, and I did not mind it. Actually, I found that it took away some of the preassue of being "us" too much. We are both social people and it was nice to be around others as well, and to be recongnized by others as a couple. I am not sure I would live like that in Norway though, don't know why it works in Turkey. Maybe all the people SO know are just nice - and my boyfriend less reliant on alone time/purely couple time than my husband.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

No, it sucked for us. It is pretty obvious if you do something and it just it awkward for others. There are no paper thin walls here in the apartment but we also know when the neighbors are getting busy and so we don't do that we we stay with someone else.
        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I don't doubt your experience, it just does not match mine. We usually make a rule not to scream and do not use the (framed) bed for sex much, it works out fine for us.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
            I don't doubt your experience, it just does not match mine. We usually make a rule not to scream and do not use the (framed) bed for sex much, it works out fine for us.
            LOL. My man is a big dude, so that would not fly much for us. I am not referring to penis size. LOL.
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thanks for the advice! That's how I'm trying to view these 6 months, as kind of a trial...we met in person and met up several times last summer, and each time was great, but kind of just seemed like a vacation/honeymoon scenarios...not the everyday routines of here, where I work 55 hours/week. The thing is though, I think she's expecting a lot more than just a 6 month "visit." She wants to know if she's the love of my life, and I want to find that out too, but I have to be with someone (in person) probably for more than 6 months before I would think about proposing. I'm honest and tell her that...and it makes her upset. I would feel terrible if she goes home after 6 months and nothing works out, I would feel like she wasted all that effort for nothing.

Comment

I think the both of you are overthinking this. Stay together, have fun. If you after that feel like getting engaged /married and close the distance, then do, otherwise you can go back to other types of visit and use those, too.

Comment

Working...
                X