Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CynicalQuixotic View Post
    Only if he's a prince, though.
    I was under the impression that Nigeria was swimming with princes.

Someone once told me that if you can't choose on your own, then neither is right for you. However, I agree with BlueCat-- It's not a contest between the two, but rather who do you actually want to spend your life with?
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCat View Post
      I understand that's a touchy subject, it's just not how I interpreted what the OP was saying.
      And that is your right, but it does come off as somewhat offensive to me. I hate stereotypes.
      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCat View Post
        I didn't take it as such a nationality vs the other nationality. I just took it as the OP's simple method of allowing us to differentiate between the two different guys. But that's just me.
        I took it the same. Instead of Brazilian and Belgian she could have said their names like should I date Tom or Pete. Tom is jealous and out of job and Pete doesn't have time, but has a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
          I took it the same. Instead of Brazilian and Belgian she could have said their names like should I date Tom or Pete. Tom is jealous and out of job and Pete doesn't have time, but has a job.
          She actually referred to them as "races" so I think it was deliberate. The question is, did she ?
          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
            She actually referred to them as "races" so I think it was deliberate. The question is, did she ?
            I noticed that, but thought English probably isn't her first language and that it can be put down to that.
            Everyone knows they aren't so it was probably just a mistake.

She sounds young and inexperienced. Even though it says she is 28.

Comment

I figured that as well (but then the title is Brazilian or Belgian men). I still think that comparing two guys and asking strangers on a forum is a very -err- unusual way to pick a boyfriend.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Yeah, I'm kinda with you on this one.
                Even sometimes with acquaintances and casual friends, I know people who refer to a guy they're dating (not exclusive with) by a large characteristic. "Not sure how I feel about the police officer, but we have a date on Friday night." "I don't know if I should keep dating the vegan, or give the other guy a shot."
                Or:
                How are things with you?
                Good, I'm still dating Joe.
                Is he the Canadian one?
                Yeah.
                What happened to the Swedish guy?
                Or whatever.

I think it was just giving us a characteristic to differentiate them by. For whatever reason.
                Maybe she didn't feel comfortable using their names in a forum like this, who knows.

Comment

Working...
                X