Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone actually know any success stories of LDRs over three years long?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I/we tend to think and concentrate on the journey and not where we are heading as otherwise I/we probably couldn't do it.
    We've been 2 years LD and looking at another 10+ years.
    Concentrating on the visits etc makes it easier. Hopefully we'll have our happy ending down the road

Comment

I agree there are many long-term, LDRs, mine is one of them. We've been together for 9 years and 6 months, we've had a couple of 6 month visits, and one year long visit (so subtract from that how you like) but we're still going strong. We're currently working on the fiance VISA process for my SO to move to be with me (in the first half of next year).
      Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
      First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

We've known each other for 2y7mo. It's been incredibly hard, almost to the point of giving up, not just the distance though but other issues. Now thinking back it's been worth every moment. He's the one for me and there's no way around it. We've met twice and our third date is in 18 days!

Comment

We've been together 4 years and were long distance for most of that time (except a few awesome visits) and have known each other for almost 5 years, since meeting online. We still have at least 3 years before we can close the distance for good, probably a bit longer than that, but by that time I will be done or nearly done my degree, and so it will just depend on how much money we have saved by that time and how much we are earning. It's difficult, especially when you have a long time apart like us right now going through our longest time apart (over a year, almost 2 years), so I don't recommend that, stick with a visit once a year and more if possible! But not impossible.. you just have to keep focus on what you want and remind yourself of that and why you want them and why you love them and talk about your future together, and trust each other and communicate with each other. And stay strong!

Comment

It;s so annoying when you tell people you're SO lives so far away and you only get to see each other once or twice a year.
            They usually think: I give it a couple of months. Only after one year LD, people start taking it serious. And eventhough you and your SO believe in the relationship, it's annoying to hear that people don;t have faith in it.
            Me and my boyfriend have been together for a year and a half now and I still have 2,5 years of uni to finish... :S
            But on this forum, sometimes people make it after 10 years of long distance!
            It's allll possible! Don't worry

Comment

My parents were also long distance lovers. England (Mum) and Germany (Dad). My dad was a soldier (he went to a few wars too) and would travel from Germany to England on the Friday night just to see my Mum on the Saturday morning to spend the weekends together. He was finally able to leave the army and coincidentally did so a month before I was born. It was so sweet, I wish I had the opportunity to do that with my date; having followed their footsteps with distance too. They will be married for 20 years next April!

Comment

So inspired by this. <3 My SO and I will be apart for about 5 years as he will be in medical school in Central Asia and I'm in business school in my country. It's the same continent, at least.

Comment

Definately!!

Comment

Working...
                  X