Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving to the U.S. not through marriage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to the USA is *almost* impossible, but not quite. There is a very small chance for a work visa, a better chance for a student visa, and an even better chance for fiancé/spouse visa.

Visajourney, which snow already posted, will be your friend.

Comment

Ugh... That wasn't so fun to read. We have been talking about me moving to the US, but I've been searching the net for days about visas and green cards, and whatnot-cards, and it's more likely to win the lottery twice then get green card, unless u marry ur partner. Aaaaaand, that's kinda early, since we both go thru divorces and stuff... And I really don't wanna make that mistake again; marry too fast... Oh well...
      - it cant rain all the time-

Comment

Eva, difficult doesn't mean impossible. Let's try

Comment

This is a depressing thread We're still at least a year if not longer from my SO (attempting) to move to the US, but our plan was for him to get a working visa. We're still young and not ready to get married. We also feel pretty strongly that we don't want to get married just to get him a visa, but now I'm not so sure that it'll be an option without it. I also won't have the funds to support him for another 4+ years (student in an advanced degree) so getting married wouldn't even help us get him here. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
            It's difficult, but not impossible. I am actually moving in 11 days on a K1 visa.

Congratulations, that's awesome!! I wish you all the best and hope it all works out fine!

Comment

Working...
            X