Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What things do you love/like about your SO culture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the American attitude to life, how they're so friendly and outgoing and quick to compliment.

I also love my SO's accent! He loves mine too, he cracks me up when he tries to do an English accent, he's rubbish at it haha! He does a good Irish accent tho, as his grandma is "off the boat" Irish.

He says he loves our crude sense of humour over here and at first was shocked at how perverted the Brits are ha!

Since knowing him I have learned so much about USA culture and history and also got seriously into ice hockey!

Comment

I'm a Brit, and my SO is American. Or "my yank," as I affectionately call him.

I hear a lot about the different goings-on in the country. I'm not actively political, however I do take a certain interest in what happens over the states. Some of the news stories I've heard though... gun crime in particular. It shocks me. It's nowhere near as bad as this over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn26 View Post
        I love the American attitude to life, how they're so friendly and outgoing and quick to compliment.

I also love my SO's accent! He loves mine too, he cracks me up when he tries to do an English accent, he's rubbish at it haha! He does a good Irish accent tho, as his grandma is "off the boat" Irish.

He says he loves our crude sense of humour over here and at first was shocked at how perverted the Brits are ha!

Since knowing him I have learned so much about USA culture and history and also got seriously into ice hockey!
        This, I totally agree with you, I'm pretty much the same with my SO lol. Similar things have been said as well by him.

Comment

I love that the braai a lot (BBQing) - Eventhough I really miss my veggies after 3 days haha
          Ofcourse I love the nature and how elephants and lions just walk through his backyard (in a gamereserve)
          I love how they've got such a close familybond as well.

But... Gonna have to get used to the Aussie way of life soon
          But I think I can get used to the 'shrimps on the barbie' haha

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
            Their great respect for privacy and personal space (which is somewhat lacking where I come from)
            this!! haha. Especially as someone prone to social anxiety sweden is heaven for me at times although I also see it can lead to isolation at times.
            Thr fact the food is better quality. I'm not actually into swedish cuisine at all, but just the things in the supermarket are better. Plus, fresh fish everywhere.
            I guess the living standrad in general is a bit higher, and I love the nature and the sparse population. There's a ton of great music coming from there, and I love winter so the cold season is actually a plus for me.

Comment

Working...
            X