Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honeymoon Period - How long did it last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we are still in it, after close to three years. I always wNt to be made up and pretty for him, although he has seen me without makeup and prefers it that way (his fave pic is the one in my signature....WANs makeup and a blow dryer!). I love getting dressed for him when we are going to see each other, but after last week, when I broke my arm and he had to do everything for me, I realized he loves ME, not what I look like. It's amaxpzung how things change when you are totally dependent on someone else.
    sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

What some of you guys are mentioning is the thing married people call "The Spark"
      The thing that keeps your relationship hot and interesting.
      You can be out of the honeymoon period but still have that. That's actually ideal.

Like I'm out of mine with Tam, but we stll get excited to talk to each other and hang out and we still flirt and everything. It's great
      Met: Apr 2013
      Mutual interest: July 2013
      Relationship Began: November 6 2013
      First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
      Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
      Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
      Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
      Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Dwessie View Post
        What some of you guys are mentioning is the thing married people call "The Spark"
        The thing that keeps your relationship hot and interesting.
        You can be out of the honeymoon period but still have that. That's actually ideal.

Like I'm out of mine with Tam, but we stll get excited to talk to each other and hang out and we still flirt and everything. It's great
        You just might be right! lol. I was reading over the thread and thought the experiences don't really match honeymoon in the strictest sense but couldn't put my finger on the right term. Thank you lol. I feel completely at ease with my fiancé and we can talk about just about anything, which don't match up with the definition of "honeymoon period" which suggests superficial interaction. At the same time we're absolutely nuts about each other.

Thank you for that!
        Met Online : July 2013
        Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
        2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
        3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
        Proposal : December 2014
        Closed distance : February 2015
        Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

I still feel sick to my stomack nervous when I'm waiting for him at the airport, but that feeling soon goes away. It takes a little while to get used to been around each other again, and then we are really cumfy.
          I think during every visit I feel like I love him more and more. How can he be perfect in so many ways?! He has flaws, yes, but nothing that irks or bothers me and I guess it's the same vice versa.
          I guess we are out of the rose tinted "honeymoon phase", but the spark is most definately there! I still stare at him/his pics and think he is the most gorgeous man on this planet.
          Then again I don't have such a problem letting him see me cry, like I did earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
            I still feel sick to my stomack nervous when I'm waiting for him at the airport, but that feeling soon goes away. It takes a little while to get used to been around each other again, and then we are really cumfy.
            I think during every visit I feel like I love him more and more. How can he be perfect in so many ways?! He has flaws, yes, but nothing that irks or bothers me and I guess it's the same vice versa.
            I guess we are out of the rose tinted "honeymoon phase", but the spark is most definately there! I still stare at him/his pics and think he is the most gorgeous man on this planet.
            Then again I don't have such a problem letting him see me cry, like I did earlier.

Awww...this is so sweet!
            Met Online : July 2013
            Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
            2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
            3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
            Proposal : December 2014
            Closed distance : February 2015
            Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
              i am so glad im not the only one! i get sooo nervous at the airport as well!
              i dont know but i get a little awkward as well but once we meet and kiss, after 5mins we are back to being comfortable.
              I like the anxiety and nerves at the airport though! it makes seeing s/o THAT much more meaningful

and i 100000% get the pics staring. i actually told my s/o today that i do that and he thinks its borderline creepy hahahahahah.

Comment

almost 9 months into relationship (4 long distance) and it still feels like honeymoon whenever we see each other! I was lucky that my relationship started on the roadtrip through Australian outback, so he saw me without make-up, no showering for days and sweating on hikes the first week we met that definitely helped to get that barrier out of the picture. we are very comfy with each other, but waiting for him at the airport still makes me nervous and my knees weak!

Comment

I don't think I have ever been nervous about meeting him in the airport, from the moment we started dating I felt such trust with him, so nothing to do with meeting him has ever unsettled me. We dated for less than two days before he saw me pee the first time, and it was just a couple of weeks before I cried in front of him the first time. I will definetely do the picture staring though, I will be like OMG I want to die because he is so handsome... And the smallest thing he does is perfection. I think his laughter sounds like silver bells and I am in love with the way he walks.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
                  X