No announcement yet.

Apart again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad this has worked out for you. I really wish I could up and leave for 90 days but my daughter has school so we have to be back for that. You'll love it, what an adventure and you have your job to come back to now. I would have said at least ask at work as coming back to nothing over here is really hard.
    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
    All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Yeah, I was feeling positive that my boss might agree to it, as I've been in my job for a long time, but the relief is huge. It's also great to know that he appreciates me enough to do this for me, and he agrees that it will be a great experience for me, especially as he knows how hard things have been for me the last few years. Although I had decided to make the trip regardless, I think the worry would've killed me! It's starting to feel real now, all the wheels are in motion, but as I've never had more than a two-week holiday before it seems like a bit of a dream. I can't wait to get started.
      sigpic

Comment

I stayed in California for 90 days (I was in college back then) with my ex, it certainly was a different experience. There are so many places to visit in the US you will have a fantastic time.
        Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
        All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

We're planning to go all the way around from New Jersey, via Toronto, Chicago, Mt Rushmore, Seattle, Portland, the Redwoods, San Francisco, LA, Grand Canyon, Vegas, Austin, New Orleans, back up to Jersey for a wedding then back down via Savannah and a few other stops to spend some time in Florida. Lots of friends and lots of other places along the way. My SO was a truck driver so he will be familiar with a lot of the places and won't be phased by the long journeys. However, he says I will have to do some of the driving, which will be my first time driving on the "wrong" side of the road, first time driving an automatic, and first time driving anything bigger than my little hatchback. Yikes! Hopefully our schedule won't be too unrealistic and we will actually have time to enjoy the places along the way.
          sigpic

Comment

Will your SO have vacation time as well?
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by LovedUp View Post
              We're planning to go all the way around from New Jersey, via Toronto, Chicago, Mt Rushmore, Seattle, Portland, the Redwoods, San Francisco, LA, Grand Canyon, Vegas, Austin, New Orleans, back up to Jersey for a wedding then back down via Savannah and a few other stops to spend some time in Florida. Lots of friends and lots of other places along the way. My SO was a truck driver so he will be familiar with a lot of the places and won't be phased by the long journeys. However, he says I will have to do some of the driving, which will be my first time driving on the "wrong" side of the road, first time driving an automatic, and first time driving anything bigger than my little hatchback. Yikes! Hopefully our schedule won't be too unrealistic and we will actually have time to enjoy the places along the way.
              Fun! I am from the NE USA (NY) living in Georgia. Enjoy Savannah, it's great....and HOT. I love Savannah! Not too far from there is Cumberland Island with wild horses...and Driftwood Beach, which is super cool! Enjoy!
              sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                Will your SO have vacation time as well?
                He is working a casual job at the moment which he will quit when the time comes.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TaraMarie View Post
                  Fun! I am from the NE USA (NY) living in Georgia. Enjoy Savannah, it's great....and HOT. I love Savannah! Not too far from there is Cumberland Island with wild horses...and Driftwood Beach, which is super cool! Enjoy!
                  Thanks for the tips, I have starred them on my Googlemaps We're spending hours on Skype looking at maps at the moment, finding cool places to go, so all tips very welcome! My SO has been to every state apart from Alaska & Hawaii while truck driving so he knows so much. I'm looking forward to Savannah... we chose Charleston last year on our 2-week road trip, so it's Savannah's turn this year. Lovely part of the country. Well, there are so many parts of the country I'm excited about, so much amazing scenery
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LovedUp View Post
                    He is working a casual job at the moment which he will quit when the time comes.
                    If he plans to be without an income during your visit, I hope he is saving up. Or can you afford to pay for both of you?
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                      If he plans to be without an income during your visit, I hope he is saving up. Or can you afford to pay for both of you?
                      Yes, we are both saving like crazy, doing over-time. He is making good money and staying with family in the short-term so we should be all good.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X