Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking the next step forward..

Hey all -

Good news for me! My boyfriend and I have decided to take the plunge and take serious steps towards being on the same continent. We are both excited and nervous, but way more stressed than anything. I knew it was a huge step, but it's turning out to be way more involved [and expensive] than previously anticipated. So I thought I'd ask for some help from my fellow LDR "sufferers". We just started to explore crowdfunding, but neither of us are huge social media people. Basically, we just need help spreading it around. If anybody could help us push it along, it would be completely appreciated.

Bless you all and I'm pulling for all of you as well -

❤️ Amy.

indiegogo: hYIAwnIpr94

We don't take kindly to people like you here. In short, get a damn job and work for it just like everyone else. You are not any more special than anyone else in this position. No one here is going to help you. Good day.

Comment

We don't promote begging on this site, especially when it's the only thing you've ever posted here. Nobody even knows you, why would we go around doing your begging for you, seriously?
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

What they said. ^

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

What all the posters above said.
          Also, we (well most of us) are still long distance and have our own travels to pay for. And yes some are from different continents, just like you. Sorry but I will not hand over some of the money I am saving, to see my wife who lives in a different country, to a complete stranger.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
          Married April 18th, 2015!!
          Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Closing the distance is expensive for all of us. If I thought people are interested in funding my love life I would have done crowdfunding myself, but unfortunetely I think that is of zero interest to anyone but me and my family. If however you are looking for tips on how to save money, plan a move or even earn more, there are lots of useful threads on the site.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Indeed, we got plenty advice on how to cope, how to make/save money, etc. - But as much as we like helping, we also got our own needs to look out for. Look into what you can do yourself, not what you wait for others to do for you.

~
              It'll take a lot more than words and guns
              A whole lot more than riches and muscle
              The hands of the many must join as one
              And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Is this thread for real? If we can't even close the distance ourselves, because of money issues, why would we help you? Our own relationships come before someone else's. Especially over someone who literally JUST joined the forum last night.

If you want advice, we'll give you advice, but don't ever come here asking for money.

Comment

As much as I can sympathise with wanting to be with your SO, I am saving myself so I can move over to be with my bf as well as all the flight costs we have (especially us both having kids). I work hard and save every last penny I can scrape so that I can spend time with my boyfriend. Everyone on this forum will understand but at the same time we have our own travel expenses and are missing our loved ones too. We are the last people you should be asking for financial help.
                  Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                  All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

The sad part is, if you had become a close friend, I would have even considered helping, but this is your first post on this site and absolutely asking for too much.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                    Married: 1/24/2015
                    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Btw, I also hope that the 88 is simply your birthyear, because the German nickname and the 88 together make me worry a bit it's rather a nazi thing ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/88_%28...te_nationalism
                      Could just be paranoia, but I've had my fair share of bad experiences with both American and German neonazis.

~
                      It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                      A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                      The hands of the many must join as one
                      And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Originally posted by Miasmata View Post
                        Btw, I also hope that the 88 is simply your birthyear, because the German nickname and the 88 together make me worry a bit it's rather a nazi thing ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/88_%28...te_nationalism
                        Could just be paranoia, but I've had my fair share of bad experiences with both American and German neonazis.
                        I didn't even put that together. I REALLY hope it isn't though, because then there's no way in Hell anyone would help.

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
                          The sad part is, if you had become a close friend, I would have even considered helping, but this is your first post on this site and absolutely asking for too much.
                          Sooooo uh Snow, we like share the same name. wanna hook me up with some of that dough?

Comment

.....and she is doing this on other LDR sites... also has eBay account.. Gotta loves the internets!

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                              Sooooo uh Snow, we like share the same name. wanna hook me up with some of that dough?
                              One day! Be patient

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                              Married: 1/24/2015
                              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
                              X