Not being there for birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not being there for birthday

So my bf has birthday today and there was just no way for me to visit him. He got his presents on time so was able to open them in the morning, but that's all... There is noting else I can do for him to make this day special. It really sucks not to be able to do nice things for the person you love.

Also he's going out tonight with his friends, and camping tomorrow, which is great. I'm really happy that he'll spend fun time on his weekend, but.. I'm also so incredibly jealous! Of all these people that get to spend this time with him when I can't be there! For them it's just another party and trip while I'd do almost anything (almost, I don't want to overreact ) to be there with him these days.

I'm really trying not to be terrible girlfriend, and I'm truly happy that he won't be alone and miserable on his birthday, but I'm oh so jealous that it almost makes me want for him to just stay at home and watch Netflix instead of going out. <- ofc that's not true, that's the little devil sitting on my shoulder and whispering horrible things

I don't know if I can even express what I'm feeling right now, it's all so confusing mix of love, jealousy and longingness...

Why don't you two arrange something to do together over Skype or similiar things for tomorrow? You can still do something together. It sucks not having the physical closeness on a special day, but you can still make it special over the distance. I watched one of my SO's favorite movies with him over Skype on his birthday, watched him open his presents on cam and drew him a little picture. It doesn't take much to have a good day together. Don't be afraid to suggest it!

~
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
    The hands of the many must join as one
    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

He's leaving for his camping early in the morning, and he loves doing stuff outdoors. There is no way I'm going to keep him home to make myself feel better when it's his weekend and he should feel good It's fine, we have scheduled movie date on monday (it's free day for both of us).

I was just more surprised that I got so jealous over his friends! His normal, regular guy friends. That was really new to me.

But thanks for the ideas

Comment

same as me!! im not even send him birthday present, Im just making him a video present, and then we're skyping. its really hard for me not to be there when he's birthday and also this is his first time birthday not being here with me and his family, its just too sad knowing that you cant make him really happy when his birthday because you're not there

Comment

Working...
        X