Time Zones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
    Do people realise the maximum you can actually be apart is 12hours? A 16hour difference is the same as an 8hr one.
    That's funny b/c my brain works the same way. SO is stuck on how many hours "ahead" Japan is instead of realizing that when it comes to just what time it is (leaving out the date itself) it's way easier to calculate what time it is there. Right now he's 10 hrs ahead of me. But when I look at the clock I subtract 2 hrs and remember it's the opposite day/night. He can't wrap his brain around that either. what's so hard? if it's 11am for me, 11-2 is 9 and it's pm there. boom LOL
    Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
    ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
    closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
      Do people realise the maximum you can actually be apart is 12hours? A 16hour difference is the same as an 8hr one.
      I suppose I say 14 hours because he is behind me by 14 hours. >v>; Like, if it's 8am where I am it's 6pm from the day before. I always subtract 14 hours since my country uses a 24hr system (8am = 08:00 and 6pm = 18:00)

Looking for the future...

First Meeting: March 20 2016
      Got separated: August 2016
      Reunion: July 2017
      Officially together: January 2018
      ... And many meetings later ...

Comment

My SO is 2 hours ahead of me (for instance, it's 11:00 am CST in Kansas and 1:00 pm AST in St. Vincent). So it isn't too difficult to talk when we aren't super busy.

Comment

My SO is 6 hours ahead of me. Not terrible, but it can be tricky.

We make the best of it, as being able to see each other's face on cam (or, at the very least, call) has become very important for our sanity! If I'm awake between midnight-1am he will call and we'll talk while he drives in to work. With morning traffic we usually get over an hour. I try to get home as early in the day as possible, although with my school and volunteering it isn't always possible. The days I get home early we are able to cam/talk for a few hours.

We each have lives, but we try to keep at least one day on weekends clear so we can spend the day talking, watching movies, just enjoying the time we spend with each other.

Honestly, I think we talk more than a lot of close-distance couples... It is so important to us, it is a major stress reliever, and it keeps us going and strong.

Comment

Working...
          X