No announcement yet.

Crazy to think about rings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for that thought. For *that,* I'm pretty sure I can ask her BFFs. Which I will do when the time comes.

I think the obsessive moment has passed, lol, and my plan might be to use my sister's relationship to seek out information. Her boyfriend plans on proposing "at some point," which is pretty well known, so my sister can log into his Facebook or cell phone and send me messages/texts as him asking for advice on rings. Conveniently, this "might" happen while we are together so I can see her reaction. I'll have "him" send pictures of some rings I know my SO will hate, lol, as well as some styles I'd consider for her. My sister's birthday is mid -January, and hopefully my SO and I will be spending Christmas together (that's the plan, anyway), so it would make sense for the boyfriend to be buying a ring three weeks before her birthday to propose on that day.

I can also have "him" ask about proposing in public with a semi-grand gesture, vs privately... depending on what the BFFs say about her feelings on that. I have, what I think is, an awesome idea, but it's risky. Either she will absolutely love it, or hate it. That's definitely something the BFFs can weigh in on.

Now, if he gets his shit together and proposes before then, lol, I'll have to figure something else out, lol.

Comment

more than enough time to plan it. Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by hmrambling View Post
        I finally got a few minutes to read through that, and *hugs* to you. But *yay* that you guys have worked through it and have stuck together, though I'm sorry it was disappointing.

One point relating to the "dominant" partner thing she said: in our relationship, my SO is generally the "dominant" one. Sometimes in NSFW ways, lol, but she also makes more money, has more education/status, knows lots of cool/important people, and is also 9 years older. I think she'd honestly be expecting to be the one to propose. Especially if I mention this to her friends, I could see them hinting to her to propose during the same visit I would intend to do so...which would be kind of an awesome surprise "joint" proposal. Obviously, that's not something I could plan, just something I think is definitely possible, lol. Though it does mean there's a risk of one person ruining a surprise, which is stressful.

Comment

I like your plan! Very sneaky!
          Read my LDR story!
          Facebook
          Instagram

Comment

Working...
          X