Visit nerves/self doubts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visit nerves/self doubts

So, awesome development, we've discussed visits and haven't picked a date but it will happen.

So while of course I am over the moon, I'm also..REALLY NERVOUS. I have seen his life in his country, I know his habits, etc but he hasn't seen mine. He is further along in life than me and can afford nice things and I feel a bit insecure. What if he doesn't like my...life?
    Is this a normal fear to have? How do you guys work on that?
    Last edited by paperplane; May 12, 2018, 08:58 PM.

If he wanted to be with you because you had nice things and a wealthy lifestyle, then you wouldn't want to be with someone like that anyway. Try not to be so hard on yourself You said that he doesn't know much about your lifestyle yet. How about opening up and sharing more about your life to him? I think this will help you feel less nervous and will give you a lot of reassurance when he WILL want to see you still regardless of how much money you have to flaunt.
    Read my LDR story!
    Facebook
    Instagram

Comment

I feel quite spoiled and naive compared to him. I was lucky to have a lot of parental support in my life, and still managed to get depression, and have struggled to get on my feet, whereas he was on his own from very young and has pushed himself through so much. It makes me wonder what on earth he sees in me.

I think it's a form of impostor syndrome a bit? I constantly feel like he's going to "find out" some fatal flaw that pops his bubble.

So clearly this is basically my problem, having typed that out. I should talk to him about it.

Comment

He likes you or he wouldn't be pursuing you, don't try to over analyse the odd ball science of attraction. I can't say exactly why I'm attracted to my GF but I sure am! Heck always remember he really really likes you.

Comment

Same with me, the difference is that my bf already came to visit me once. He know about my life in my country, and he is still attracted to me. But I can't help but worry about the future. He has his life figured out, and I dont. I don't think I am less than him because of that tho.
          So right I'm trying to be positive and not let my insecurities take over me. Puttimg my energy into projects for the future. Because even if we don't end up together, I still want to be successful for myself.

Comment

Working...
          X