Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My gf won't let me go on holiday with my two best friends and their family.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My gf won't let me go on holiday with my two best friends and their family.

She's from Argentina and i'm from Australia. We met in usa did long distance, fell in love, eventually lived with her for four months in Argentina. Shes coming to my city to live with me in december after two months apart. Every year after Christmas me, my best two friends and his family go on holiday for about a week, after we go to new years festival. means so much to me to do this every year. i told my gf and she is so mad, says im selfish if i go. What do I do?
    Last edited by coopsgeyer; October 19, 2018, 09:15 AM. Reason: title

She can't stop you from going on a vacation to be honest. But it's up to you if you're gonna listen to it or not. Did you try to discuss with her why she's so against it? As you said you've done it before, so it's quite odd she doesn't want you to go.

Comment

It sounds like she will be all alone for New Years in your country. Is it possible for her to go with you? It would be nice to share the experience with her - she will see firsthand what it means to you.
      Read my LDR story!
      Facebook
      Instagram

Comment

In general I don't believe forbitting is part of adult relationships. In this case I can kind of understand where she is coming from. So she is moving to a new country and a few weeks after she has relocated you are going off with friends and their family and she is spending new years alone? Does she know anyone there?

I'm not saying you shouldn't go. I'm.not saying she is right. But you should explain why this trip is important to you. You should listen why she doesn't want you to go. Is there an option that she comes along? Could you postpone the holiday? Is there an opportunity that you could organise something nice for her when you are away?

Comment

Part of arranging visits is coordinating with each other's schedules. Holidays are tough. Would you be able to bring her on your vacation? After all, your friends are bringing their family.

Comment

I re-read the first post. Is she coming to live with you or coming for a visit?

Comment

If she's actually gonna live with you, I understand it better. Can't you take her?

Comment

Working...
              X