No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Struggles!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the same boat! We were in the last lap of my immigration to US and covid-19 hit. This endless wait is unnerving. I'm glad I found this forum. It helps to know that I'm not alone and humbles me. It's easier to express my concerns here and talk it out than to friends and family who might not entirely understand. I hope things get better for all of us.

Comment

No one else, no matter how much they love you, not your parents or siblings or best friends, can understand what you are going through. Deep down I suspect they all think we are crazy. But yeah, it’s nice to know we all understand. I check the French Embassy and various US websites every week or two to look at the border status. Yesterday it hit me that I just couldn’t stand it another day. But I love my guy and would rather be with him than be without him. And I know he has his bad days, too. Someday the borders will be open and we’ll all be with our partners or spouses and this will be just one more struggle we made it through together, dédite the distance.

Comment

I'm brand new to this forum and it's so comforting in a weird way to see others in my situation. We had to cancel an April visit and my 40th birthday is next month. It's killing us both to not know if he can get here for it. The open-ended nature of it all is so frustrating. Even if we're responsible and do the 14-day quarantine, it's still not an option. He's hoping to get some job interviews over here to start his work visa process, but with everything up in the air, it's hard to even plan for that.

Comment

I am in the exact same situation, with me here is Australia and my boyfriend in the US. I was in the middle of a trip to see him when it was cut short by the virus and had to come home 2 months early.

I'm feeling quite down today as Australia just announced they have extended the travel restrictions till September and I have a feeling they will extend them again and the US is the last place they will allow travel.

It just really sucks and no one around me really understands how painful it is not being able to be with your loved one and to have no end date in sight. It's really starting to take a toll on our relationship and mental health because we are both just so fed up of the distance but still love each other so much. We weren't planning to be separated again for more than a few months this year before closing the distance at the start of next year. So frustrating!
          Last edited by Seaotters; June 15, 2020, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Just like PMalyssa said it is definitely comforting to see so many people are in the same boat.... it's equally painful but at least I feel there are more people who can understand this pain. The worst part for me is not knowing when this is going to end...

I've never had as much free time as I do now... and it's all wasted. It's my birthday this week and logically there will not be any sort of party, if there was no virus I would have been now in the Philippines with my SO, but now all I can do is wait... I was supposed to organise an event this July, it's something I've been preparing for many months, now it's also cancelled. I was looking for jobs in other countries, and I was almost hired in March... but now it's all gone and I can't even move. Even working online is becoming difficult as many people are trying the same.

I didn't mind the lockdown so much in March or April, but it gets worse and worse now. It reached a point in what it feels eternal. I wish someone could tell me when it will be safe to travel again, but nobody really knows. Sometimes I feel like "Hey I'm sure it will be fine again by September, let's book the tickets already" but then I chicken out. I hate masks, gloves and all these measures... The idea of wearing a mask during a twelve hours flight has become a nightmare for me and later being imprisoned for two weeks away from everyone (what they call quarantine) scares me a lot. I just feel unable to make any plan at the moment.

I was able to move back to my parents home before the Covid-19 pandemics and this made my personal pain somewhat bearable. Yet I feel specially bad for my SO who is not only far from me but also far away from his family and everyone else.
            Why am I always trying the impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Seaotters View Post
              I am in the exact same situation, with me here is Australia and my boyfriend in the US. I was in the middle of a trip to see him when it was cut short by the virus and had to come home 2 months early.

I'm feeling quite down today as Australia just announced they have extended the travel restrictions till September and I have a feeling they will extend them again and the US is the last place they will allow travel.

It just really sucks and no one around me really understands how painful it is not being able to be with your loved one and to have no end date in sight. It's really starting to take a toll on our relationship and mental health because we are both just so fed up of the distance but still love each other so much. We weren't planning to be separated again for more than a few months this year before closing the distance at the start of next year. So frustrating!
              I hear you Seaotters, I am Australian and my SO is an American (temporarily living in Canada). The news today about the travel ban being extended to at least 17 September was so upsetting, it has brought me so down and the waiting is never ending. We were meant to close the gap this month after 2 years apart and get married in July and now we have no idea when we will see each other. It is somewhat comforting to know there are others out there that understand. Hang in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Enric View Post
                Just like PMalyssa said it is definitely comforting to see so many people are in the same boat.... it's equally painful but at least I feel there are more people who can understand this pain. The worst part for me is not knowing when this is going to end...

I've never had as much free time as I do now... and it's all wasted. It's my birthday this week and logically there will not be any sort of party, if there was no virus I would have been now in the Philippines with my SO, but now all I can do is wait... I was supposed to organise an event this July, it's something I've been preparing for many months, now it's also cancelled. I was looking for jobs in other countries, and I was almost hired in March... but now it's all gone and I can't even move. Even working online is becoming difficult as many people are trying the same.

I didn't mind the lockdown so much in March or April, but it gets worse and worse now. It reached a point in what it feels eternal. I wish someone could tell me when it will be safe to travel again, but nobody really knows. Sometimes I feel like "Hey I'm sure it will be fine again by September, let's book the tickets already" but then I chicken out. I hate masks, gloves and all these measures... The idea of wearing a mask during a twelve hours flight has become a nightmare for me and later being imprisoned for two weeks away from everyone (what they call quarantine) scares me a lot. I just feel unable to make any plan at the moment.

I was able to move back to my parents home before the Covid-19 pandemics and this made my personal pain somewhat bearable. Yet I feel specially bad for my SO who is not only far from me but also far away from his family and everyone else.
                Hang in there Enric, the separation will end. It is not knowing when that is the killer. Making plans, planning trips all make LDRs bearable and that is all on hold, imagine how great it will be when it is over.

Comment

I was speaking to my fiance last night about how long he'd like me to visit next time. It broke my heart when he said forever. I just wish it was possible!
                  We've only had 1 week together in person out of 106 weeks.

Comment

I noticed there are a couple of others who are in Australia with SOs who are overseas. I am in QLD and my SO is in Germany. Australia so far has a very strict ban on international travel, as we know. I was reading the other day that international travel won't resume until next year. And who knows how limited that will be. My SO would have liked to visit again when his contract in Germany finishes at the end of September. I think it will be unlikely he will be able to fly here then

I know it is really tricky, but I am trying to use it as a reason to be busy here and work and save money and get my life closer to where I want it to be when he finally does manage to visit.

I wish like all the rest of you that we could make a plan, but I know we love each other and we will be together again one day. And I am really proud of us for staying strong and true to each other.

Hang in there everyone!!! :hugs:
                    "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
                    -Charles Dickens

Comment

Working...
                    X