Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Did you meet your Boyfriend/Girlfriend??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by vicks5721; November 11, 2014, 05:54 PM.

Comment

We initially met on a pen pal site called interpals, and then we met in person in London

Comment

We met on the chat website Omegle in February 2012. We didn't talk much until the summer the same year, and we've been best friends since then. And in May of this year we became a couple.

edit: oops, noticed I posted in the LGBT section, which doesn't apply to me, my apologies.
        Last edited by SillyNorthman; November 12, 2014, 12:16 AM.

Comment

i met mine through a text message

Comment

I met my bay  through my best friend, she dared me to send him a sexy message but I wasn't so good with that kind of stuff lol, but I thought I would try, so I messaged him (yeah the sexy message was a fail) we talked for 5 hours straight and we sent each other a pic, he said he fell in love with me the min he saw my pic  even if I have only known him for a week, it feels like years and I hope more years to come ❤️
            My BFF thought we would be perfect for each other and she was right 
            Last edited by Aud121; November 12, 2014, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Met on tumblr! We were both mad about the same stuff and she was a recent follower I got, she decided to bitch about life with me cause I "seemed cool"
              Worked out very favorably!
              Met: Apr 2013
              Mutual interest: July 2013
              Relationship Began: November 6 2013
              First Visit (Her to Me): July 4 2014
              Second Visit (Me to Her): Jan/Feb 2015 Postponed due to sister having baby
              Second Visit! (Her to Me again): June 16 2015 - July 4 2015
              Engaged: June 29 2015 <3
              Third Visit: (Her to me, working on it) January 19 2016 - February 2 2016

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
                My GF is in the US and I'm in Canada!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                Married April 18th, 2015!!
                Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

I am a lesbian dating two guys... Something that always makes my straight friend laugh! This was how it came about:

I used to live lesbian since I was 17-18. I met my husband at a barbeque party in early summer in the city where we both lived and live (very CD)! I was 20 and he was 22. He was dating a lesbian friend of mine for a while, and was a girl back then. Noone had heard much about transsexuals in those days. I dated a sweet girl, and the both of us became friends with him. I was very into feminine girls at the time, so I didn't even consider my now husband to be attractive, he was too androgyne for my taste. I liked him very much as a friend though, and he had a calming effect on me. He liked to be around me and my girlfriend a lot, and we loved him very much; he was even the toastmaster at our wedding. I was a little jealous because I got the impression that he liked my girlfriend more than he liked me! I felt he was avoiding me a little bit. We had all been friends for 3 1/2 years at that point. It turned out, he had been slightly avoiding me because he was in love with me.... As my marriage to the girl went down in flames, I surprised myself by becoming very attracted to my friend. We ended up becoming a "lesbian" couple, and we married 5 years later - him wearing a suit. It never felt right to call him my wife, though. After our marriage started, we begun to more and more regard our relationship as straight, and him as a man. Finally he started the process of sex change (hormones, 3 times surgery) which he has now finished. At least half of our circle of friends are still lesbians, bisexuals and gay guys, and we feel very much part of the local gay scene, although we are now the "tranny" couple.

In between there I also met another guy, on holiday in Turkey, who is my SO here. We had an aquantance in common but really we hardly knew each other when we fell for each other, but now we know each other a great deal. He knows all about my lesbian past but I can't say he is very interested! He doesn't feel at all lucky like ha landed a lesbian or anything of he sort, I don't think he would have cared if I used to fuck dolhpins before I met him. The only time I think about it is when he reveals his un-lesbian sex skills (he dated a woman 3 years and still I had to teach him how to fingerfuck) or when he goes very "man-like" on me, like "oh but I am a guy and so...". He usually doesn't though, he is very relaxed on gender. He keeps his hair half long, is neat with his looks and keeps two of his finger nails long (he calls it his trade mark, I call it don't put those long nails inside me) and he wears more pink underwear than I do. I wouldn't say he is feminine, but he is oh so very sweet and I sometimes like to tease him for being more a girl than I am.

I actually think of myself as a lesbian...of sorts. I mean, I am still attracted to women. It's just I feel like I was not a very good lesbian. I am impatient with women and I cringe at their drama. I am a much better straight girl. Even my ex used to say that I would be better off dating guys! She could be very perceptive.
                  Last edited by differentcountries; December 27, 2014, 10:21 PM.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by Mims27 View Post
                    Welcome to LFAD!
                    My GF is in the US and I'm in Canada!
                    HECK YES! High five for US/Canada LDRs!

Comment

Met my gorgeous lady on Tumblr as well
                      She's the light of my life. I actually first met her because I saw a piece of art she had drawn and messaged her on tumblr to tell her how incredibly beautiful it was...and we quickly became friends, and later girlfriends.
                      The first time we met in-person was in San Francisco (I was there for volunteer work) and she decided to pop down to meet me. We had originally planned to meet in the airport, but there was a big kerfuffle with the timing and so it seemed that we wouldn't get to see each other...
                      But later that day, we somehow managed to find each other in Ghirardelli Square. She was having lunch and I just looked up and she was...there! We had lunch, kissed, cried, chatted the whole day through and we've been together ever since.

I tell ya what, I'm not someone who really believes in fate, but finding one person in a city of over 1 million people has to be something stronger than luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mars View Post
                        I met her on Tumblr. Initially, I followed her because she was posting a lot of Dangan Ronpa fanart and I'd recently played the game and loved it. But I only got to talk to her about 3 months after that, because I moved house not long after I followed her, and didn't have the internet for a few months. When I finally got back online, she was upset due to a few (personal) things, and I sent her a message that was basically my attempt at a cheer up hug.

We became sort of friendly after that, and I slowly developed a crush on her. About two weeks before valentines, I told her on anon that I had a crush on her, and for the next two weeks, submitted valentines cards to her (if you're on tumblr, you know the type I mean, the fandom-ish kinda ones), each with a different Dangan Ronpa character on. I sent the last one off anon on the 14th and she told me she'd been crushing on me for a while too and asked me to be her girlfriend.
                        Dangan Ronpa strengthened my relationship cause I had just read the Let's Play and made her read it. She preordered me the game the second they announced the English version

Comment

Originally posted by Dwessie View Post
                          Dangan Ronpa strengthened my relationship cause I had just read the Let's Play and made her read it. She preordered me the game the second they announced the English version
                          Dangan Ronpa didn't for anything for my current relationship, but I wanted to chime in and mention that I am also quite fond of it.

Comment

We met on a dating website.

Comment

Met in church, I'm Christian, he's Atheist, we make it work, we've been together 14 months.
                              Last edited by Nabascrewn; April 24, 2015, 03:32 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

We first messaged on match. Then we emailed for a while. Then we talked on the phone. The we met in person for our first date at a Chinese restaurant mid-way between the two of us.

Comment

Working...
                                X