This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the gender of my S/O and my sexuality

This seems like the best place to talk about this. My S/O is genderfluid, or gender queer, whichever term you'd like to use to describe it. Meaning that sometimes my S/O feels more feminine, other times more masculine. Physically my S/O is female, but identifies more as male than female, so he does prefer to have male pronouns used to describe him, but he doesn't mind if you use female ones either. I myself am bi-curious, as I have found some men attractive, but I do tend to lean more to the straight side of the spectrum. My S/O is going to help me experiment with some toys the next time we see each other, so I can be positive about what my sexuality is. While I can't give a positive answer on my sexuality, I can definitely tell you one thing: I know I'm in love!
    Last edited by AJG96; August 29, 2015, 03:08 PM.
    "Love, it's not an emotion. Love is a promise!"- The 12th Doctor in Death in Heaven

You need to stop focusing on the "what if" and keep focusing on the "what is."

First Time Meeting: August 10th 2014-August 21st 2014
    Second Time Meeting: March 13th 2015-March 20th 2015
    Third Meeting: December 27th 2015-January 21st 2016 (We got engaged!)
    Fourth Meeting: July 12th-August 25th 2016
    Fifth Meeting: February 10th-February 28th 2017 (My S/O came to America!)
    Next Meeting: June 20th-September 17th 2017 (Our longest visit yet!)

Why do you need to be positive on your sexuality? Just go with it, if you like something then like it. I don't get the point of all these labels.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
      Why do you need to be positive on your sexuality? Just go with it, if you like something then like it. I don't get the point of all these labels.
      If you don't understand the need for labels, that's completely fine, but I feel the need to be positive with my sexuality because I'm only 19, and I'd like to understand more about myself. I'm still exploring who I am.
      "Love, it's not an emotion. Love is a promise!"- The 12th Doctor in Death in Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by AJG96 View Post
        This seems like the best place to talk about this. My S/O is genderfluid, or gender queer, whichever term you'd like to use to describe it. Meaning that sometimes my S/O feels more feminine, other times more masculine. Physically my S/O is female, but identifies more as male than female, so he does prefer to have male pronouns used to describe him, but he doesn't mind if you use female ones either. I myself am bi-curious, as I have found some men attractive, but I do tend to lean more to the straight side of the spectrum. My S/O is going to help me experiment with some toys the next time we see each other, so I can be positive about what my sexuality is. While I can't give a positive answer on my sexuality, I can definitely tell you one thing: I know I'm in love!
        I guess I don't understand how this is going to help you establish that? Toys are used in the bedroom but people who are straight and people who are gay/lesbian. It doesn't define their sexuality - it just adds levels to the sex play.
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
          I guess I don't understand how this is going to help you establish that? Toys are used in the bedroom but people who are straight and people who are gay/lesbian. It doesn't define their sexuality - it just adds levels to the sex play.
          Because I'm not sure if I'll enjoy my prostate being stimulated, but maybe that has nothing to do with whether I'm bisexual or not. It wouldn't hurt to try. I'm just confused on this whole thing now.

Comment

There are lesbians who use strap-ons and other things because even though they are very much sure that another woman is their love/desire, they still enjoy penetration part of sex. There are 100% straight men who enjoy prostrate penetration because there are a lot of nerves there and can provide great sensation. All of that has nothing to do with your sexuality - it has to do with what physically feels good.
            To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by AJG96 View Post
              Because I'm not sure if I'll enjoy my prostate being stimulated, but maybe that has nothing to do with whether I'm bisexual or not. It wouldn't hurt to try. I'm just confused on this whole thing now.
              Many straight males enjoy anal stimulation

Comment

Thank you, snow_girl and R&R for that information. I'm still curious, but I'm not going conclude that I'm bisexual if I enjoy it. You've given me some insight on this subject, and it's greatly appreciated.

Comment

If you feel labels are useful, you will learn to make more sense of them in time. As you say, you are still learning about yourself .You are also learning more about your partner and the way you interact.

The meaning you attatch to what happens is just as important as any action. If you find you enjoy penetration or prostate stimulation (can be done by fingers tounge too, not just toys), or him/her being the more active sexual partner, you can see that as purely pleasure, or identity, or something in between. It is all up to you.

As for us, we do consider us a straight couple but there is still something there that is a bit gender queer in our interaction. I am very happy to date a man who enjoys that.
                  Last edited by differentcountries; August 29, 2015, 07:34 PM.
                  I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                  - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                    If you feel labels are useful, you will learn to make more sense of them in time. As you say, you are still learning about yourself .You are also learning more about your partner and the way you interact.

The meaning you attatch to what happens is just as important as any action. If you find you enjoy penetration or prostate stimulation (can be done by fingers tounge too, not just toys), or him/her being the more active sexual partner, you can see that as purely pleasure, or identity, or something in between. It is all up to you.

As for us, we do consider us a straight couple but there is still something there that is a bit gender queer in our interaction. I am very happy to date a man who enjoys that.
                    Thank you! In the end, it is my choice indeed as to what label I decide to use. I don't know yet, that'll be for the future. I'll be closing the thread, as I don't see that there's much more that needs to be said.

Comment

Working...
                    X